The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New to me '66 Toronado Duluxe

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2009, 07:13 PM

New to me '66 Toronado Duluxe

I just picked up a solid 66 toro! I was searching the internet for parts and advice and found CO. What a great resource. The knowledge on this site is incredible! I learned more last night than in a year on the internet.

This is my FIRST attempt at a resto. I found a bodyman who congratulated me on a solid car although it has bad chrome and paint. Seems like the garage where this sat for 20 odd years had a lot of traffic. The toro has many major dings but no rot. I hope to find some simple things that someone with little experience working on cars can do.

I saw a post from someone parting out a 66 toro but couldn't reply as I am too new to the site. Particularly the seller's toro had a maroon interior as does mine. I could use some door and vinyl parts.

I am interested in any hints anyone has regarding the vacuum headlamp canisters, rejuvenating the suspension and just general 66-67 toro advice. Has anyone upsized the master cylinder to a dual cylinder? Is it easy to upsize the wheel cylinders to help this beast stop?

Looking forward to learning a ton about the 425, the toro in general and how to bring this autumn bronze beauty back to life!
Old August 27th, 2009, 08:06 PM

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new toy! Yes, as you progress through your restoration please post any questions you come up with. Also if your able post pictures so we can see your project progress! John
Old August 28th, 2009, 02:54 AM

Having had one of these "beasts" in the past for a short time, I discovered that front wheel bearings are somewhat hard to come by. There is a website (RareParts, I think, located in CA) that has them. NOT INEXPENSIVE, but when you need one, who cares what they cost. Good luck w/your restoration. I think the original '66 was the best of the early Toro's.
Old August 28th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to Co.
Old August 28th, 2009, 09:51 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

Post some pics pronto
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:41 AM

Talking Welcome to CO

You''ll quickly come to the attention of the Toro group and they will help you out. The rest of us just want the toro engines for our builds.