The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New kid from Charlotte

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2012, 09:04 AM

New kid from Charlotte

Hey im from Charlotte, NC. Reading these forums helped me develop a deep love for my dear tired ol Olds 350. I have 2 G bodies. Buick Regal limited with a 231 and a cutlass with a 79 350 block. im preparing to rebuild the 350. Nothing too too serious but i do want to wake the engine up a little bit. i have '72 7a heads, lunati voodoo 213/219 cam with matching lifters and valve springs, performer rpm 7111, cloyes double roller, original Q- Jet that i may have rebuilt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Cutty Reg.jpg (71.2 KB, 19 views)
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Oldsdruid

Aight den Charlotte. Welcome to CO. There's a few Olds guys down in that area.
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome aboard. The Cutlass has some hard to find wheels on it. That side rocker stainless shouldn't be too hard to find. Nice to see the car's not going to be underpowered.
Old July 30th, 2012, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Welcome aboard. The Cutlass has some hard to find wheels on it. That side rocker stainless shouldn't be too hard to find. Nice to see the car's not going to be underpowered.
Lol I have two of those trim panels (L/R) sitting on the back seat. I heard the wheels are off of the 79 models. They were on the car when I bought it.
Old July 30th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Actually they are 79/80 wheels
Here's a pic of a 1980 442 with them. I believe they are polycast finishes.
Old July 30th, 2012, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Actually they are 79/80 wheels
Here's a pic of a 1980 442 with them. I believe they are polycast finishes.
Now that's just beautiful. thanks for the info. Unfortunately I'm probably going to have to part with my cutlass. I'm having a baby and the cutlass needs more than I have the funds/ resources. Is much as I hate to say it, I might just build the rocket drop it in the regal and sell the cutlass with the 3.8 in it and get some money back from the build
Old July 30th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well - Congratulations are in order!!

You're having a baby? Or your wife is? Or are you the wife???

No worries. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I remember how exciting it was when I found out my wife was pregnant! Lots of good times ahead my friend. Get all your sleep now, cause you won't after the baby's born. Maybe he/she will be a gearhead and buy that Cutlass back and restore it in the future??

Old July 30th, 2012, 04:23 PM

Lol thank you my friend. I'm tryin to get the engine done before the baby gets here because I know my lady is not even going to want me any where near my car when the baby gets here lol. I'm so skeptical about selling it. I feel like I don't have a reason to sell it. I might not sell and just let it sit until I can drop a 455 in it a few years from now!!!!
Old July 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Just an Olds Guy

If you have the space to put it up? YES! Keep it. If you store it in the back yard or somewhere else, MAKE SURE it has no grass or weeds under it. They will kill the frame and underbody of a car so fast with moisture wicking when they get tall. Put down some tarps and drive the car onto it, then tarp from above to keep the elements off the car till you are allowed to play with it. You prolly already know this, but doesn't hurt to remind. Once the baby arrives, you won't have much time or $$ to yourself. Kids can be really expensive.....Best wishes for a healthy child. Encourage yor wife to Breast feed - it's supposed to be better for mom and baby You can help her get used to it by practising until the baby arrives
Old July 30th, 2012, 04:34 PM

There is definitely nothing wrong with a little practice lol. I can probably coax my mom into letting me park my car inside her fence for a while. Hopefully anyway. I've had it for almost 6 years. It was my first car. The problem is that nothing really works (speedo, interior lights, I think my high beam switch is broken, needs floor pans, all new interior) with time and money all of that can be corrected
Old July 30th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Congrats on the baby thing! Remember every man needs a hobby to keep them sane. BTW it's also a good excuse to get out of the house without getting into trouble, it beats goin out with the boys at the bar! And if you let her participate you'll have something that both of you can be proud of.
Old July 30th, 2012, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Congrats on the baby thing! Remember every man needs a hobby to keep them sane. BTW it's also a good excuse to get out of the house without getting into trouble, it beats goin out with the boys at the bar! And if you let her participate you'll have something that both of you can be proud of.
Thanks man. She enjoys it too so that's a good way to think about it. She's always the official oil filler upper when i do my oil changes
Old July 30th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Just remember this tried and true philosophy, when momma is happy everyone is happy, but when momma is mad, run to the garage and stay busy!
Old July 30th, 2012, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Just remember this tried and true philosophy, when momma is happy everyone is happy, but when momma is mad, run to the garage and stay busy!
I might put that on a plaque on my dashboard