The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New guy north of the border

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2009, 07:51 PM

New guy north of the border

Hello folks,
I've been visiting the site for awhile. It seems like a friendly site. Lots of beautiful rides too!
I'm married, 3 kids, and an 85lb Black lab that thinks she's a lap-dog. I travel for work Monday-Friday, so I spend alot of time in hotels, visiting Olds sites to pass time.
I have a 70 Cutlass S W31. It is documented, completely original, and has 78k miles on it. It was parked for quite awhile before I got it, and not stored very well. The original Twilight Blue/ Astro Blue stripe paint is in poor condition, but body is very good, with the worst parts being the lower front fenders. Hood is near perfect with not a crack in it. It has white interior (bench auto) also in great shape. Car was missing the top of the breather, original SS11 wheels (has rusty cragars), and the spare
when I got it.

Don't worry. Pics are from last year. No snow here yet! Actually T-shirt weather today!

Cheers!
Dean
Old November 9th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Cutlass Lover

Welcome to the site!! Glad you decided to join us!! We are a friendly bunch, and there are a lot of knowledgable guys here who are always willing to help out with any questions or problems!!
Old November 9th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by chillyw31
Hello folks,
I've been visiting the site for awhile. It seems like a friendly site. Lots of beautiful rides too!
I'm married, 3 kids, and an 85lb Black lab that thinks she's a lap-dog. I travel for work Monday-Friday, so I spend alot of time in hotels, visiting Olds sites to pass time.
I have a 70 Cutlass S W31. It is documented, completely original, and has 78k miles on it. It was parked for quite awhile before I got it, and not stored very well. The original Twilight Blue/ Astro Blue stripe paint is in poor condition, but body is very good, with the worst parts being the lower front fenders. Hood is near perfect with not a crack in it. It has white interior (bench auto) also in great shape. Car was missing the top of the breather, original SS11 wheels (has rusty cragars), and the spare
when I got it.

Don't worry. Pics are from last year. No snow here yet! Actually T-shirt weather today!

Cheers!
Dean

Like Sandy says, Welcome aboard. Beautiful car. Post more pics, we love pics.
What part of "the north" are you from?
Old November 9th, 2009, 08:23 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm located near Hamilton about 1/2 hr from the border at Niagara Falls.
Dean
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by chillyw31
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm located near Hamilton about 1/2 hr from the border at Niagara Falls.
Dean
Hamilton? Didn't I see you the other day on TV cheering on the Tiger Cats?
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:40 PM

Hamilton? Didn't I see you the other day on TV cheering on the Tiger Cats?
Oskee wee wee! Go cats Go!
I actually live in Grimsby, but was born in Hamilton. Geez....it's been a few years since I've been to a Cats game.
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:24 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

I'm glad some of my friends know where you're from, cause I ain't got a clue.

Glad you joined up.
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:14 AM

Hey Dean,
Welcome aboard! Nice to meet you.
Nice ride you've got there too!

I am one of the many Ontario Canada residents on this site, you'll hear from many more I am sure. We are a very large group in these Olds forums...lol

Grimsby eh? Did you make it to the Olds Club of Canada's show this year at Fanshawe park in London? If not, there's always next year.

Duane
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Past Administrator

The first thing I noticed was the snow! Good to know those are pictures from last winter. Welcome to CO. Nice looking car.
Old November 10th, 2009, 06:50 AM
wait.... what....

Welcome to the site. Your car looks pretty good! All these people from around southern Ontario on this board and the turn out to the Canadian Nat's sucked..... why?
Old November 10th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Captain of my ship

Welcome to CO. This is a great site to help you out if needed with all kinds of good info. Hamilton is an interesting place but never spent time there , just passing through on my way to St. Catherines. You will have to post new pics of your car when you get a chance , she looks pretty good from the pics you have up already. jamesbo never been to the great white north I take it. hamilton also known as steeltown up here , though not so much anymore.
Old November 10th, 2009, 08:15 AM

Welcome to CO

Great place for info, support, and help
Old November 10th, 2009, 02:09 PM

Welcome Dean,that's a great looking car.
Old November 10th, 2009, 02:32 PM
car guy

Welcome to the site. Be glad your lap dog is so small. My dad has two Fila Mastiff (lap dogs) the little one weighs 165 The big one is over 180
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:34 PM

Welcome Aboard,
Being from Toronto I have to drive thru Grimsby every weekend on my way to my place in Fort Erie.And yes thats a nice looking car you have there,try to post more pictures.
Old November 11th, 2009, 02:13 PM

Thanks again for the warm welcome. Like I posted earlier, seems like a very friendy site. Already learned something new from a thread in the cars-for-sale section..thanks Diego!
Old November 20th, 2009, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by oldzzy
Welcome to the site. Your car looks pretty good! All these people from around southern Ontario on this board and the turn out to the Canadian Nat's sucked..... why?
Welcome to the site from another fellow Ontario Olds owner!!

Hey Oldzzy, I have been wondering the same thing. So many Oldsmobiles, but not too many showed up at the Nationals. I wonder if the London drive is what turns a lot of people off. I know for me, the trek was well over 3 hours.
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:52 PM

Welcome to Classic Olds from another Canuck or neighbour,I'm north of TO and south of Barrie.
Been a member of OCC for about 20 years and didn't make the trek to london this year,to much going on.The London show was always great with a large turnout until we had the nationals "come next door in 94" after that the membership dropped off and the chapter of OCA slowed right down.The members running it had a different attitude about how things should be done,now we have a new EL PREZ with fresh ideas and willing to move the meets around to other places,this is a good thing.
I have always enjoyed the meets but they were getting stale so with new blood running things lets hope we can get the membership up and bigger better meets.
Sorry to hear you guys arn't getting a NHL team but if Hamilton gets one then Toronto will have to go out and buy one too.
Steve