The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New to all of this!!

Search this Thread

Old June 13th, 2019, 10:06 AM

New to all of this!!

Hello, My husband Gascoop, unfortunately died and now I am on here to sell his '72 Olds 455 big block, trans & crankshaft. ’72 Olds 455 block with Wiseco forged 30 thousandths pistons. The block was bored to fit the Wiseco pistons by Snow’s Performance Machine in St. George and gives you 4 thousandths clearance. Main journals are line-honed, ARP main studs installed, new set of Eagle H beam connecting forged rods & new harmonic balancer. One cylinder has a small watermark remaining (if not acceptable, the block can be bore another 30 thousandths clearance) The crankshaft has a big N for nodular that has been ground 10 thousandths on mod journals, standard on the main. Crankshaft was not touched & needs to be re-worked. The block comes with an 8 qt. aftermarket oil pan, font cover & accessories to the motor. There is also a Trans-dapt adapter that fits the block to a Chevy transmission. Trans is a 2006 GM 4/L/80/E trans, which will be considered a COR transmission because the condition is unknown. No cylinder heads, intake manifold or ignition.

Link to classified
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-block-136148/

Don't know if I'm doing this right, but I'm trying.

Old June 13th, 2019, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, sorry for your loss. Due to circumstances as an exception to forum rules, I edited your post and added the link to the classified ad. I/we were following his building an Olds powered *****'s coupe, quite the talent. He had posted he was diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer. Again my condolences to his family and friends.
Old June 13th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Old School Olds

Sorry to hear about Dave. Bless you in your time of sorrow and good luck to you and yours.
Old June 13th, 2019, 05:29 PM

Mrs Gascoop, sorry to hear of his passing. I was hoping we would hear a progress update from him. Its nice of you to let us know of his passing.
Old June 13th, 2019, 06:05 PM

I also was following his thread. He was very enthusiastic about the project. It was a pleasure to follow along on his project thru the site. I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. My sympathies to you and your family.
Old June 13th, 2019, 06:31 PM

What they said ^^^