The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

On a mission from WA

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2019, 10:00 PM

On a mission from WA

Hello! Been recovering medically, and started thinking about projects when I'm on my feet again, and what better than my first car?! An '87 Cutlass Ciera Brougham, it had both the vinyl hard top and racked spoiler. That combo is apparently hard to find nowadays, as I've only seen a couple others in photos. Here it is when it was sold several years ago.

Growing up in the family auto shop, we'd get some customers who didn't want to deal with a car's repair, and we'd offer to buy it. This one we kept instead of reselling, and I got it a couple years later at 15. Survived up through early college before the heater core went out, and it got sold. We've owned quite a few Oldsmobiles, and every one of them ran like champs.

Now I'm looking to get another and fix her up, or the off chance of finding this one again, so I'm here to lurk a bit. Not exactly fancy to some, but I think she's a beauty.
Old March 12th, 2019, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, good luck in your quest.
Old March 12th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Olds Fever

Welcome to the group... Sharp looking Ciera... Also, Nothing wrong with having a Ciera as part of the collection... Here is one I saved from the salvage yard in 1996...

Old March 13th, 2019, 11:15 AM
btw
Smokin' BBQ Member

There's something to be said for the car being "your car". Doesn't have to be fancy, just has to catch your eye and give you a smile on your face. If others like it: great, if not, so be it.