The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Mighty Olds

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2011, 08:09 PM

Mighty Olds

Sorry guys I never really introduced you to my car any ways her she is.As some of you heard about my restoration I want to start on my 77 cutlass supreme brougham, which every car has history so here is some history. My dad bought the car brand new in oct 6 of 76. I still have the bill of sale from Mckay Chev olds from Thompson Manitoba, way the %ell up north. So cold in the winter motor oil won't pour out of the jug. Any ways back on topic, I was bread in that car, don't know for sure but I will say it for ****'s and giggle's. That was our car family car,was always a nice ride, the old man had his 67 chevy truck too. In 88 we moved from Thompson to southern Manitoba, 8 hours away Then ozzy was parked in the garage and came out once for christmas of 95 when we went back up north for the holidays. Back in the garage she went untill 2000 age was getting to her body.When my parents got a divorce. after the it was done mom got the car so out of the garage ozzy went to a friends place where it sat out side.I was always to go pick her up, so I did 10 years later. So I hadn't seen her in 10 years and I am like, oh god their will be nothing left of her.I said #uck it, I made her go in that condition so I owe it to her to fix her up.I thought of the wost possible things that can happen, interior done cause of mice, engine done because it sat so long bla bla bla. So I take the wife a kids to go get the car from mervin, he not home. I wonder where she is. I look around and there she is in the !uchen pasture with the &ucken horses. Go drive up to her, look around, bloody moles buried her in dirt. Open the door look at the interior she is mint sign of relief.Pop the hood engine still there but no battery, look in trunk, bunch of junk and some mice there but that was itTurn the truck around , pull the car on the trailer, take her home.Get her home take some jumper cables hook to her cables, could not believe it, she turned over.Next day get a battery and gas, hook it up, gas down the tank and some down the carb,crank her over and she startsI was happier than a pig in **** Even the tires hold air, cannot believe it. So I took her to the car wash, cleaned her up and bought a car cover. Now ozzy is parked in the back and my boys are like lets drive the car. So I start her up and drive her down the street and the back lane and park her.So now she sits in 16 inches of snowwaiting till this year when she gets beautified. That is her story for now.
Old January 20th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Past Administrator

Good story, thanks for sharing
Old January 20th, 2011, 05:42 PM

your welcome, thanks for having me aboard