The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

looking for parts

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2014, 01:08 PM

looking for parts

hello my name is Manuel i am looking for parts for my 1937 Oldsmobile L37 4 door i was curious if any body could tell me the best place to find parts i have tried eBay and amazon and a few other places but maybe some one knows something i don't
Old September 26th, 2014, 02:10 PM

If you have not done so, go to Fusick's websitge and download their Catalog 570.

http://www.fusick.com/

Click on "Download Catalog" at the bottom center of the page, and then scroll down to the link to download this catalog. This is what Fusick calls their "Early Olds" catalog and covers model years 1935 to 1960. But be aware that there aren't that many parts in this catalog for pre-1950 cars. But there are some parts listed for your car. You don't say specifically what you need, so it's hard to be more specific.

There are people with 1930's Oldsmobile on this site, and I'm sure they can give you more general advice. But I would assume that there is no "best place" for parts for cars as old as this one. If you had a '37 Ford or Chevy, perhaps yes, but not Oldsmobile. There just aren't that many of them out there that it's worth any one company setting up to reproduce and/or sell parts for them. Large swap meet events like Fall and Spring Carlisle, the Charlotte Auto Fair, and I'm sure many others, as well as the annual Oldsmobile Club of America show, are other possible sources, but you'd have to be able to get to these events and wander the aisles.

One thing you should definitely do is make a specific list of what you need (a generic "I need parts" isn't very helpful) and post it in the Parts Wanted section. As I say, there are people on this with cars like yours, and they might have something you need.
Old September 26th, 2014, 04:03 PM

Thank you for your input. I have never used a forum before. I will put a general list of items I am looking for.
Old September 27th, 2014, 05:26 PM

Manuel, you might drop on down to the vintage forum, thats where the old Olds guys hang out and post your needs.All though not many pre war Oldsmobiles guys are on here the ones that are live on the vintage site.

And welcome aboard I love the per war cars.....Lost in the fifties ...Tedd
Old September 27th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, post some pictures of your car. Put list together and start a parts wanted thread in the classifieds.
Old September 27th, 2014, 09:24 PM

Thanks for the input and welcoming. I and making my list now of parts I am needing and will post pics soon my 37 is in pieces right now I am working on the chassis and motor now. The body is ready to be sanded and painted but the interior I going to take the longest. The seats are completely gone so are the inner panels along with a few other things but it's a work in progress. I'll post some pics once I get it on the chassis.