The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Looking for help: Alabama (Coast)

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2023, 04:54 PM

Looking for help: Alabama (Coast)

Good evening!

There's a car in southern Alabama I'm interested in (strongly). Would anyone near the coast down there be able to look over it for me before I make the plane ride out? Only reason I ask is because I'm a combat vet and have some PTSD on planes, and don't want to take that jump If I don't have to. Don't want anyone to go out of their way but if you're in the neighborhood, I'd appreciate it!
Old October 22nd, 2023, 09:26 PM
Vincit qui se vincit

I’ve got a friend with a condo in Orange Beach, this is a great time of year up there - perhaps I can drop in on him. What an are you looking at, and what time frame. I’m full-time caregiver for my elderly parents, so free time is limited - but maybe can rustle them up for a drive / have someone cover for me for a few hours
Old October 22nd, 2023, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by vCode442
I’ve got a friend with a condo in Orange Beach, this is a great time of year up there - perhaps I can drop in on him. What an are you looking at, and what time frame. I’m full-time caregiver for my elderly parents, so free time is limited - but maybe can rustle them up for a drive / have someone cover for me for a few hours
That's incredibly generous of you. I would hate to take you away from your obligations with your parents though. There's a 69 442 there that appears in great shape for the price, and I have the cash for one (been saving for a while). I just wanted to make sure nothing was funny about it, rust, bondo, panel gaps, leaks all over the driveway, etc.
Old October 23rd, 2023, 07:50 AM
Vincit qui se vincit

I may have been overly ambitious. It’s tough to get my folks in the car with their medical equipment, and leaving them for more than an hour or so is not possible currently.

Hopefully someone else closer can step up and help out, best of luck.
Old October 23rd, 2023, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by vCode442
I may have been overly ambitious. It’s tough to get my folks in the car with their medical equipment, and leaving them for more than an hour or so is not possible currently.

Hopefully someone else closer can step up and help out, best of luck.

for sure, I totally get that.

maybe someone in Pensacola might be able to help.
Old October 23rd, 2023, 08:25 PM

I may be in the Gulf Shores area next week. I am not a knowledgeable mechanic or body guy but do appreciate a nice, clean, straight car. IF I could get by there I could consider sending pics or doing a FaceTime call for you to see anything you wanted to. Can you say where the car is exactly? Just trying to judge how long of a trip it would be from Gulf Shores.
Old October 23rd, 2023, 08:30 PM
Running On Empty

I suspect it's roundabout 20 minutes?

Old October 23rd, 2023, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I suspect it's roundabout 20 minutes?

Oh, yeah. If it’s in Foley, it’s definitely close. You must know of the car as well, Vintage Chief. I felt like I missed the location somewhere in the thread but don’t see it. Anyway, that’s not out of the way at all. I’ll be on State hwy 180 about 5 miles out of Gulf Shores.

Old October 23rd, 2023, 08:59 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by 72442TwiceOwned
Oh, yeah. If it’s in Foley, it’s definitely close. You must know of the car as well, Vintage Chief. I felt like I missed the location somewhere in the thread but don’t see it. Anyway, that’s not out of the way at all. I’ll be on State hwy 180 about 5 miles out of Gulf Shores.
The OP posted the location in a different (other) thread.
Old October 23rd, 2023, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by 72442TwiceOwned

yeah it’s in foley. Let me get your number via pm and let me know when you get to town. I’ll verify the car is still for sale so you don’t waste your time!
Old October 24th, 2023, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Pitbull2o08
yeah it’s in foley. Let me get your number via pm and let me know when you get to town. I’ll verify the car is still for sale so you don’t waste your time!
Sounds good. I’ll pm you.