The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Looking for contacts

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2014, 02:24 PM

Looking for contacts

I am new to the site, I purchased my first car, a project, 1978 oldsmobile omega, I have the whole front end apart and am just loving it, it came with a truck load of parts (purchased for $900) I have got all the big money stuff but some parts are stumping me, I live in Ontario Canada, not good for buying parts on budget, aside from national parts depot I am not sure what to do, shipping fees are my problem, if anyone can help it would be a big help
Old February 18th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Welcome, everyone will ask you to post some pictures of your project. I moved your post to the newbie section as this is your first post. We have a lot of knowledgeable people from Canada on here. Be patient and you will hear from them.
Old February 18th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Hookers under Hood

Welcome to CO!! where bouts are you in Ontario ? Nice project.... X2 post some pics, You could try Hanover auto wreckers if your close they still have a few olds.
Old February 18th, 2014, 06:17 PM

Omega

Originally Posted by 76olds
Welcome to CO!! where bouts are you in Ontario ? Nice project.... X2 post some pics, You could try Hanover auto wreckers if your close they still have a few olds.
I am in the peterborough area, not much around for parts. But I sure don't plan at stopping after 1 car! So I will need to find some contacts. Some people that have build similar cars, my car looks rough but it came with all the parts and new rear quarters, the parts given to me are unbelievable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (79.3 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by 1978 Oldsmobile Omega; February 18th, 2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old February 18th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Hookers under Hood

Have you tried the Chop Shop just north of Toronto, Larry is always going south for guys he is on Bowes rd in Concord 905-660-9734. Their are a few others if you want to take the drive. I have purchased some good stuff from him. Also Burls Creek just north of Barrie has their annual auto flee market.... spring and fall you don't want to miss that you will need a whole day and then some to see everything.

Last edited by 76olds; February 18th, 2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old February 19th, 2014, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by 76olds
Have you tried the Chop Shop just north of Toronto, Larry is always going south for guys he is on Bowes rd in Concord 905-660-9734. Their are a few others if you want to take the drive. I have purchased some good stuff from him. Also Burls Creek just north of Barrie has their annual auto flee market.... spring and fall you don't want to miss that you will need a whole day and then some to see everything.
I see by your profile picture that you've had success, could you tell me about what you did for sound, radio, speakers and where did you put speakers, and sub or amp?
Old February 19th, 2014, 05:39 AM
The Noob Messiah

Welcome aboard...

You have a cool project ahead of you. My suggestion would be to draft a plan. Say and end result. Even a 1a, 1b and 1c end result and work your way back with an outline if you will of how to get the those ends. Then outline what parts you need to get through each step and go for it. Sometimes that kinda works LOL sometimes it don't but you don't know until you try, right?
Old February 19th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Welcome to CO!
One of the best places for parts is this forum!
I know shipping costs are crazy but it is a fact in the restoration of these cars.
Lindsay Auto flea Market is another good place for parts, but most of my parts that I have needed have come from Year One or from the folks on this forum.
I will keep my eyes and ears open for parts for you.

Last edited by sammy; February 19th, 2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old February 19th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO. Don't forget to post in our part needed sub-forum you might find some results there.
Old February 19th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Hookers under Hood

Originally Posted by 1978 Oldsmobile Omega
I see by your profile picture that you've had success, could you tell me about what you did for sound, radio, speakers and where did you put speakers, and sub or amp?

Most of my success has come from the friendly guys here on CO.
As for my radio, I've a 15 year old pioneer cassette deck and speakers, I think its about 25 watts total, nothing earth shattering no sub, no amp, I like the sounds of the exhaust more than a thunderin sterio. Their are other guys here that have good systems you may want to put it out ther.
Old February 19th, 2014, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by txrob779
Welcome aboard...

You have a cool project ahead of you. My suggestion would be to draft a plan. Say and end result. Even a 1a, 1b and 1c end result and work your way back with an outline if you will of how to get the those ends. Then outline what parts you need to get through each step and go for it. Sometimes that kinda works LOL sometimes it don't but you don't know until you try, right?
I have been doing a version of that, mostly in my head though! I will take that advice and see what i can plan out, thanks for the thoughts!
Old February 19th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Hookers under Hood

[QUOTE=sammy;656792]
One of the best places for parts is this forum!

X2 a lot of good parts here I purchased my rear end posi and gears here, Shipping is a little expensive to Canada. However you can't go wrong buying within the CO community here!!