The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

just starting

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2012, 03:01 PM

just starting

Hi guys im really new at this but i decided to go wit a olds 71 cutlass s trying to0 be a lil different then da every day chevy's n fords i see in miami dade county
Old August 13th, 2012, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by jahlyfe'scutty
then da every day chevy's n fords i see in miami dade county
And everywhere else.

Let's see some photos of that car!
Old August 13th, 2012, 04:23 PM

Welcome to CO

X2 on the photo's Great choice on the Olds
Old August 13th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Welcome-x3 on the pic's!
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome to C.O.
You get the impression that pics are wanted??? We do love to see each others rides.
So what condition was the car and what are your plans for it?
Old August 13th, 2012, 09:50 PM

hey wats up guys...i know i need to put up some pics but i have to save dem in a folder to get em out my email but i will put em up ASAP.
Old August 13th, 2012, 10:05 PM

@ALLAN R basically im going to make it a daily driver wit some pep in her step but i wont be driving it on a daily basis.i bought it from tallahassee fl so da body is in nice shape but it has rust in normal spots along the bottom of the fender n under the chrome door panel.im going to do a full frame off resto..do the pics will show
Old August 14th, 2012, 07:00 AM

Welcome aboard

How 'bout shipping me up some Stone crabs from Joe's.
Old August 14th, 2012, 07:44 AM

Welcome aboard!
Make sure to start a thread in the major build section for your resto project!
Old August 14th, 2012, 12:21 PM

@jamesbo lol about those stone crabs..n lady72 i will do that for sure
Old August 14th, 2012, 12:28 PM

jahlyfe let me help you out a bit...these guys here, the one's that posted in this thread...they're old. Really old. So for them to understand you properly you need to spell everything out properly. They don't understand "dem" or "da". To these guys that's democrats and district attorneys.

So to communicate really effectively with these old farts you really have to type in "Ye Olde English" for them to understand lmao!

James, Joe's Crabshack sucks...If you want crabs I've got your crabs right here, oh wait? That doesn't sound right
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Heeeey - Imma not olde, just older. But I'm lucky, I have a 19y/o translator! Stil wanna see dem pitures of da cah, doo!
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:18 PM

lol @ oldcutlass for some reason when i try to upload the pics i keep getting the message from the forum saying da pics is not support yet.can someone tell why it saying dis or wat to do i sent an email to the forum already but no response yet.
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM

The photos need to be jpg's, I believe, and they need to be less than 100 kb in size.

You could just upload them to a site like photobucket or picasa and then post the link to that album. A number of people on here do that. Then you're not limited to the five images per post and things like that.
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by ah64pilot
jahlyfe let me help you out a bit...these guys here, the one's that posted in this thread...they're old. Really old.
Kettle? Meet Pot. Pot? Meet Kettle... If I was thirty years younger I'd come down there and have and **** kicking contest with ya for that!! And I bet I'd win cause I can prolly run faster scared than you can angry....

Ha ha Steve! I may be old but I still nose howta read twixt da lines. Der's onee a few dat reely git upset bout spellin. And dey ain't sayin anyting. Ooops, is dat Eric comin dis way? (MDchanic). He might agree witchu... Mebbe Ise jess sic Jamesbo onya!!!

Yes, on general principle it helps if the theme of a question or post is thought out and posted with proper grammar. But we all know that's not going to happen all the time. It's a good opportunity to ask questions or hijack the thread though

jahlyfe'scutty - maybe hard to spot, but we all get along with each other really well. Watch out for Steve though - he will want everything you build to look like a 455. Seriously, he's a great resource for mechanical stuff.
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by jahlyfe'scutty
lol @ oldcutlass for some reason when i try to upload the pics i keep getting the message from the forum saying da pics is not support yet.can someone tell why it saying dis or wat to do i sent an email to the forum already but no response yet.
* clik the 'go advanced' tab
* Press the icon that looks like a paper clip; and A 'Manage Attachments' box will appear
* Browse (navigate on your computer to where the pics are stored) and hit 'open'. repeat for all 5 pics.
* Hit 'upload'. It may take a bit of time depending on your pic resolution. If you have ultra high res, you will have to 'resize' them with your picture editor to a 1024X768 size for the C.O. server to accept them.
* Close the "manage attachments' box.
* Preview your post and the images will be at the bottom
* Hit 'submit post' and the thread will have the images installed at the bottom. Unfortunately you can only do 5 pics at a time this way.

If you have the pics hosted on another web server? (As Jaunty indicated)
* Copy the IMG url and Press the icon that looks like an envelope with mountains on it. Paste the URL into that box and hit 'ok'. You can install up to 20 images this way.
* Be sure to preview your work.
* Make sure the images don't carry on across the page, stack them for easier viewing.
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Kettle? Meet Pot. Pot? Meet Kettle... If I was thirty years younger I'd come down there and have and **** kicking contest with ya for that!! And I bet I'd win cause I can prolly run faster scared than you can angry....

Ha ha Steve! I may be old but I still nose howta read twixt da lines. Der's onee a few dat reely git upset bout spellin. And dey ain't sayin anyting. Ooops, is dat Eric comin dis way? (MDchanic). He might agree witchu... Mebbe Ise jess sic Jamesbo onya!!!

Yes, on general principle it helps if the theme of a question or post is thought out and posted with proper grammar. But we all know that's not going to happen all the time. It's a good opportunity to ask questions or hijack the thread though

jahlyfe'scutty - maybe hard to spot, but we all get along with each other really well. Watch out for Steve though - he will want everything you build to look like a 455. Seriously, he's a great resource for mechanical stuff.
Woah! I'm a youngin on dis here site...Ima 32, dat beez jes a keeid dees days. Ana-whay 'bout da runnin...I ain't thank you gotta getz rida da turdy years cuz dis here cripple cancer boy ain't running five feet letta 'lone 'round da block. Dat's why my carz gotsta beez fast, cuz I ain't gittin no-whar fast uddawize.

Ana-whay, you gotz me all rong 'bout da injuns, dey gotta be 455's dat LOOK like 350's, ya know'd what I mean!

Old August 15th, 2012, 12:22 PM

finally

well i finally got it.here is a couple pics i took b4 i starting taking it apart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cutlass s front veiw.jpg (59.0 KB, 17 views)
cutlass s interior.jpg (54.8 KB, 15 views)
rearend cutlass s.jpg (46.7 KB, 14 views)
Old August 15th, 2012, 12:28 PM

Good-looking car.
Old August 15th, 2012, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by jaunty75
Good-looking car.
thnks n thnks again for telling me how to upload the pics