The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

just joined from memphis

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2010, 08:50 AM

just joined from memphis

just found this site as i was googling for olds 56 car parts.... i am the bloodhound for my son who now is the proud owner of 4 classics... the olds and the beast( 50 chevy 4door ) are his favorites to date. the olds is the one that is close to being finished. she runs, she is beautiful, and we call her the beauty... the others are a 32 ford truck and a 49 ford tudor.... both in various stages of disrepair..... looking forward to hooking him up on this site...
Old January 12th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well, Welcome to our site!! Yep... get your son on here! These guys are the best and are very helpful! Do you have any pics to post??
Old January 12th, 2010, 09:13 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

Post some pics when ya get a chance.

Are The Peabody's Ducks still doing there thing?
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:53 AM

ducks are still waddling around for sure..... i will get some of the olds and post them.... nice to have a place to chat...
Old January 12th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Past Administrator

Looking forward to those pics! Welcome to CO.
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:14 PM

thanks, have had the old car bug since i was in high school. inherited it from my dad.... apparently it runs in the family... the olds he has is so cool. a girl i work with, she and her husband offered it to us for $600... It ran, came from california and was body wise in great shape as well as the engine. the interior was way messed up.... my hubby and i got it for him for xmas and he was floored..... he has sanded her, repainted her, had the engine repaired, interior redone, new whitewall, gangsters, tires, etc.etc... the really great part is he and his friends, daniel and craig, did it themselves.... a little engine work done by an old pro but otherwise, the young men did, they did it.... She was in the Shriner's annual car show in Memphis 2 years ago and will be in it this year totally different.... needless to say, my husband is not an old car buff so go figure, i have car parts hidden all over the house and storage rooms, attics, etc.... typical woman.
Old January 12th, 2010, 02:26 PM

should probably add, former marine, served all active years at camp lejuene in the 90's... he got the old car bug there... because let's face it, there is alot of old car opportunity in north carolina.... i could make a fortune in memphis if i could bring a bunch of the old "rust buckets" home... only problem there? husband would kill me... oh well, the son was in motor T.... so go figure... he is a mechanic now... go figure.... me, i love it... we have even had a 1953 firetruck in the family...... we are open to all classic options.....