The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

just following the instructions

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2015, 08:40 PM

Cool just following the instructions

Seth here, Plano Texas, 72 cutlass convertible that has gotten to sluggish to turn the wife loose in on the highway. So its time to do all the upgrades to this bone stock original #'s matching two barrel pig and build a nice sedate little sleeper spawn!!
The clock is ticking and I'm moving slow as my fine motor skills rarely make an appearance daily, and I want to finish this last car before they are gone completely.
Also some of the meds they had me on two years ago seemed to wipe a chunk of memory retention, so if you here an echo don't despair, you have not fallen in, its just me repeating myself.
Old July 29th, 2015, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site from Mayberry. Post some pictures when you get a chance. Sluggishness cures could be as simple as a tuneup, however I do understand wanting to improve the performance.
Old July 29th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome aboard Seth.
The 72 CS vert came from the factory with the L34 engine (350 4bbl) so if you have a 2bbl it sounds like someone was monkeying around with it already. A sluggish car can also be attributed to a slipping transmission and tall gearing. If it has 2.56:1 rear end it's not going to be a rocket off the line. Curious to hear what happens as you progress on your project.