The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Intro from Sparky72 in NH

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2014, 09:55 AM

Intro from Sparky72 in NH

Hi all, I've been a long time lurker, and joined recently to try to acquire some parts that I haven't been able to source locally easily, and sort out some confusion on a part that ended up in my car that didn't belong to it.

Anyways I have a 1972 Cutlass Supreme 2dr with a 355 olds with unknown specs as it was built at a machine shop by the PO, and the PO wasn't a specs kinda person so I assume pretty stock, but I know the pistons were replaced so maybe I got lucky there. I know it has a comp cam, and a slightly rough idle, but matched with it's current 2.73 open differential, it's no speed demon yet. It also has a TH350 transmission with a console shifter, which has also been rebuilt by the PO, from a reputable local builder.

I have contacted Monzaz on this forum for some rear end parts to upgrade the rear to an Eaton with 3.73 gears and 30 spline Moser axles to liven things up a bit. I don't do much highway driving, so I'm not too concerned about highway RPM at the moment. This will hopefully be done this week at my friend's shop.

The car had rust issues around the window channels, and those have been welded up and a new top installed. The car was recently painted, but the body work wasn't too great so it's no show car, but should look nice going out for a cruise. I'm going to try to attach a couple pictures, but I don't have everything back together yet. The car is currently a little more together than these pictures, I got the hood back on it last night, the glass is installed with the trim around it, and the wipers are back on. I haven't installed the vinyl trim or grill etc yet, hopefully this weekend. I painted a set of headlight buckets and a new stone shield to go up front with a 71 supreme grille, mainly because I like the style better, but that's just a personal preference.

I'm also working on the interior, I just got a headliner installed, and I have a new carpet, sill plates, seat covers, sun visors, and door panels to install still. I'm hoping with the long weekend, and possibly some help from friend/family I may be able to ride to the annual Lake George, NY car show in a couple weeks just for fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20140724_193450.jpg (48.3 KB, 13 views)
20140724_193510.jpg (78.6 KB, 13 views)
20140808_155248.jpg (62.4 KB, 13 views)
20140808_155254.jpg (29.5 KB, 12 views)
Old August 26th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Welcome formally, lets see the rest of the car when you get a chance to post some more pic's.