The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Hi

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2013, 12:13 PM

Hi

Hello.
Steve is my name and I'm a plumber from United Kingdom running my own business (til lately)
I am currently doing a frame off resto on a 54 olds star fire 98 convertible.
At this moment in time I'm in hospital with leukaemia but its curable so I will be out soon with some free time.

I can build up my complete chassis with the rebuilt 324 + box and suspension, running gear and lines but need some quality sills/rockers and some smaller panels.

Anyhoo I'm 41 a few days ago and need this wondrous car on the road to marry my girl in and save another quality vehicle you will never see again!!

Will post a bit more when I feel a bit better!

Cheers steve
Old January 13th, 2013, 12:17 PM

Welcome to the site! May you be cancer free soon and for the rest of your life!

If you would take pictures of the parts you need to replace in the body. Then make a list of the items you need and create a thread in the parts wanted section. I'm sure there's members here with spare parts that would fit your car.

John
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Welcome, I hope all goes well with your medical issues, and then on to the car. Yes, post up some pic's of what you need and someone here may have a source.
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:12 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Welcome, I hope all goes well with your medical issues, and then on to the car. Yes, post up some pic's of what you need and someone here may have a source.
x2

Hope you're home soon!
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:55 PM

Hi all. Thanks and pics ASAP. May be a few weeks before I can get out after this set of treatment.
Cheers Steve.
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:15 AM

Welcome aboard Steve.

A 54 98 is a very rare car in the states let alone in the UK. When completed that car will turn heads where ever you go. Please keep us informed on your progress, and the best of luck with your health issues....Lost in the fifties....Tedd
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good luck on your health, your car and your pending marriage. I love the 54's.
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:28 AM

Hey. Thank you Ted and red.
I will beat this AND build the car. Both will not be easy, but if it was easy everybody would do it lol.
Thanks both if you. Steve
PS
My windows, roof and seat are the hydraulic type. I know there must be a book out there for it. Can anybody help!!
Big thanks
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by 54Olds98convertible
Hey. Thank you Ted and red.
I will beat this AND build the car. Both will not be easy, but if it was easy everybody would do it lol.
Thanks both if you. Steve
PS
My windows, roof and seat are the hydraulic type. I know there must be a book out there for it. Can anybody help!!
Big thanks
Strange I couldn't find anything at all in the 55 shop manual on hydraulic seat mechanisms or top ( roof to you) operations or AC installation either. There must be a supplement manual for all that that I don't have. I do have a care and appearance booklet for convertible top maintenance for a 55 but there not much technical info there. My car doesn't have hydraulic seats or windows I'm no help in that area but I have rebuilt everything on the top (roof) motors and cylinders a couple of times so if you have any questions I may be able to help[ ....Tedd
Old January 15th, 2013, 09:02 AM

hydraulics

hi. mine is the early 54 with the hydro system. it went electric after that lol. typical ah!!!!
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:15 AM

Welcome, and the best to you and your fight with cancer. Your '54 should be a sweet one when you are done.