The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Hello from Camp Verde Arizona

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2012, 10:42 PM

Hello from Camp Verde Arizona

Hello all,

My name is Travis and I recently joined your forum. I am certainly not new to the classic car world however decided to take a new route with my most recent project. I have always loved the GM A Body vehicles and decided to shoot a littile out of the box. I am building a 68 Cutlass 2 door hard top. After spinning a rod bearing shortly after purchasing it (approximately 2.5 years ago) I finally got around to putting it back together. It should be home in my garage tomorrow and waiting for the upholstery to be finished within the next week or two. During my build I have ran in to some problems finding parts whilch has lead to some hair pulling and language that my daughter should not be exposed to. I am hoping that you folks can offer some guidance.
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:59 AM

welcome Travis ! I have family up in that area maybe i will see your car running around up there ! Lots of people on this site that can help you
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Cutlass Lover

Welcome to our site, Travis! Someday I'll live in Arizona............
Old April 27th, 2012, 03:26 PM

Well, if you are in the area and you see a light green 68 with 17" wheels in the front and 18" wheels in the back that probably me. For that matter, if you see any 68 its probably me. I havent seen another around....

I love it here, just wish there was little things like water, grass and trees. Other than that the weather is great. I spend as much time as possible in my CJ5 or on my Harley out in the sun.
Old April 27th, 2012, 03:29 PM

Welcome to CO

Lots of 68-69 owners on the site. Ask away and they will help
Old April 27th, 2012, 03:34 PM

Welcome aboard
Old April 27th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Nice to have you aboard. The hair pulling will continue.....just we'll help you do it. 68/69 parts are a little more difficult to find than 70-72. But the repro market has been stepping up to the plate a LOT in the past few years. There are some vendors that have earned some black marks on this site.

What's really interesting is that I think I'm the first one on this thread to tell you: Pictures of your ride please!
Old April 28th, 2012, 06:37 PM

Give me a few days to get some things done. I am waiting on the seats to get back from the upholsterer and my new tires to come in so I can maount the new wheels. Lots to be done still. I will be ordering a power disc conversion, limited slip and 3.90 gears in the next week if all goes as planed. With in a week or two after that I will be ordering the tubular uper and lower control arms and sway bars for it. There are lots of great windy roads around here begging for me to come and drive on them.
Old May 1st, 2012, 06:58 PM
GM Enthusiast

Welcome to CO!
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:32 PM

Im gaining some ground! My 4 wheel power disc kit came in. I also got my front tubular control arms, steering wheel, tires, shocks, 3.90 gears, limited slip and some small parts in for it. My rear tubular control arms and sway bar set should be in tomorrow. Im still waiting on my control arm braces and my seats are in the shop getting redone. Then I get to put it all back together...
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:39 AM

Welcome! This is a great site.