The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Greetings From Another Newbie!

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2010, 05:29 PM

Thumbs up Greetings From Another Newbie!

Hi All!

This looks like a great forum for all things Oldsmobile! My Father and my closet Uncle, "Jack" were Diehard GM Men! My Uncle Jack gave me the car fever bad -- especially for Oldsmobiles! (His first Brand-new Car was a '56 Olds 2-Door Sedan; all Black -- a Beauty! My user name comes from where he purchased his Last Brand-New Olds in 1984; Last of the beloved RWD FULL-Sized Ninety-Eights! He ordered it from the factory at NorTown Olds in Skokie, Il...a Northern Suburb of Chicago. It's a beauty I'm very GRATEFUL to say that I still own!! It has just 83K Original Miles on her and I take good care of her these days, My Uncle just passed away earlier this year. I SURE do miss him; and all are great times together and bonding around cars, esp. Oldsmobiles!) Anyway, glad to be aboard and looking forward to the "Ride!"

Damn PROUD to still have my Father's Oldsmobile too! (A Black Beauty '81 Ninety-Eight Regency they bought and ordered brand new too! It only has 78K Original Miles and looks showroom new still! Bought at Jack Haggerty Olds in Chicago as well in early Fall of 1980 -- it was the very first '81 Ninety-Eight Regency Sedan I'd seen in person once it came in.)

Thanks again!

John
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Ozspider

Welcome John,
There are good people on here, have fun.
Spider
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:20 AM

Hi and welcome; I like those Regencies better than the Auroras...they have real trunks and ride like clouds... go through snow better too...
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO. It's good to read about some more big cars with low mileage like your two are still out there and being appreciated. Hope to hear more from you in the future.
Old August 5th, 2010, 05:04 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard
What a cool story
Glad to have you with us.
Old August 5th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Cutlass Lover

Welcome to our site!! Your story is soooo cool! Do you have pics????
Old August 5th, 2010, 06:07 AM

Welcome to CO

Gotta like the big cars, don't make them any more
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:07 AM

John: Welcome to CO! Great folks on here, always willing to help out. Post some pictures of your car(s). Love the big ones, the little ones, and of them in between. Aron
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:31 AM
1972 98 & 1984 H/O

John,

Come on out to Rolling Meadows (corner of Kirchoff Rd and Meadow Dr) this Friday for cruise night...the weather should be nice. I may be there with my sons...that would mean I need to wash the car tonight.

Dan
Old August 5th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Thumbs up

Hey Danny Boy!

THANKS to you and Everyone else here for the fantastic Welcome Greetings! This is going to be even better than I thought! I'm totally impressed already here! ("Feels like 'HOME'! )

Also, GREAT idea on the Cruise Nite! THANKS for the offer! I won't be able to make THIS Friday night but I'll keep it in mind for sure -- those are always fun to do and it'd be great to meet you. (We'll have to be SURE we indoctrinate your Sons well into our "Big-Sized Oldsmobile Cult!"
Take care all and I'll be in touch!

THANKS AGAIN!!
Originally Posted by Danny Boy
John,

Come on out to Rolling Meadows (corner of Kirchoff Rd and Meadow Dr) this Friday for cruise night...the weather should be nice. I may be there with my sons...that would mean I need to wash the car tonight.

Dan
Old August 5th, 2010, 05:41 PM

Thumbs up

THANKS MUCH Jamesbo!

NICE looking Ride you've got there!! Thanks very much for the kind words! Yeah, like many of us, I just love these big Olds -- AND the little ones too; but the Big Ninety-Eights are really such GREAT Road Trip cars w/ great rides! I can't get enough of them and the Sentimental Attachment due to my terrific Uncle Jack and my Dad having owned these I have now brand-new, I'll be enjoying and taking care of them forever! (I NEVER would've thought at the time being in that Olds Dealer Showroom in 1984 that our Beloved Olds was rapidly headed to extinction! Although my Uncle Jack when he learned of the Last RWD ones w/ a V-8 he said "it was the beginning of the end and a travesty that they'd actually do that to the Flag Ship Ninety-Eight!) oh well, that's part of why we're here -- to preserve this great Marque and the History of it.

THANKS AGAIN all, I'm blown away by the Warm Welcome and responses!
John
Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Welcome aboard
What a cool story
Glad to have you with us.