The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Floor pans...HELPPPP

Search this Thread

Old July 29th, 2013, 12:04 PM

Floor pans...HELPPPP

Im looking for floor pans for my 1982 Olds Custom Cruiser..i cant find any repair panels for that Olds year...anyone know of similar makes or models that might work?
Old July 29th, 2013, 12:25 PM

I looked for pans for my '85 Parisienne .. no joy. You're gonna have to do it the old fashioned way.
Old July 30th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Just weld any thicker gauge steel onto it. it's a rusty 82'. OR You could buy a nicer 82' for a couple grand.
Old July 30th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 82 crusier
Im looking for floor pans for my 1982 Olds Custom Cruiser..i cant find any repair panels for that Olds year...anyone know of similar makes or models that might work?
Any 1977-1990 B-body GM uses the same floorpans. Caprice/Impala, Delta 88, etc.
Old July 31st, 2013, 08:11 PM

idiot comments

Originally Posted by J-(Chicago)
Just weld any thicker gauge steel onto it. it's a rusty 82'. OR You could buy a nicer 82' for a couple grand.
My 82 is actually very clean 1 owner,85,000 original miles//im replacing the floor pan because the driver side was lowered onto a jack stand,which poked a hole in the floor...the passenger side is fine..your ignorant comment is the reason i dont join forums..if you cant help shut the **** up...sorry to the rest of the forum
Old July 31st, 2013, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Any 1977-1990 B-body GM uses the same floorpans. Caprice/Impala, Delta 88, etc.

Joe ...thanks for the info
Old July 31st, 2013, 08:30 PM

My 82 is actually very clean 1 owner,85,000 original miles//im replacing the floor pan because the driver side was lowered onto a jack stand,which poked a hole in the floor...the passenger side is fine..your ignorant comment is the reason i dont join forums..if you cant help shut the **** up...sorry to the rest of the forum
Guy just made a suggestion. It's responses like that that get a new guy with a suspension for a few days. Consider this a warning
Old August 1st, 2013, 05:53 AM

My 82 is actually very clean 1 owner,85,000 original miles//im replacing the floor pan because the driver side was lowered onto a jack stand,which poked a hole in the floor...the passenger side is fine.

That doesn't sound like it needs replaced ... any competent bodyman should be able to hammer it back into shape and weld the hole up in under an hour. It's a whole lot less work to fix that than cut out the pan and replace it ... should you find one at all. It's not like it's a fender that has to be mirror perfect.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 07:58 AM

"Its a rusty 82'" is not a suggestion. So don't threaten me with a good time by saying you're going to suspend me...
Old August 2nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Old(s) Fart

"Its a rusty 82'" is not a suggestion. So don't threaten me with a good time by saying you're going to suspend me...
Let's all chill please. Look, in fairness you didn't specify why you needed a floorpan, and the reality is that usually it's because of rust. We now know that isn't the case, but you didn't make that clear earlier.

As you pointed out, it sounds like a localized repair to an otherwise nice car, so you now have some options for finding what you need. The rest of us also need to chill a little here.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I think j's comment was based on the fact he assumed it was a rust bucket. I would not go through the trouble of replacing the floor pan if it's not rusty. I would fix or salvage what's there. Sheet metal is cheap and any sheet metal shop can rol some beads on it for little to no money. I did floor pans on my friends elcamino this way. It's an 82 no matter what it's not a w30 or w31 where it would justify for me atleast to replace it with a correct piece. Even on my 72 I didn't make a big deal on certain things. Just a plain cutlass s.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 10:28 AM
Administrator

And being a keyboard bully is not accepted here either. If you read most of the posts on this forum you'll find that it's mostly cordial and very respectful. There is absolutely no reason ever for the highlighted remark.

For the dent and hole in your floor I also agree that a floor plan replacement may be over kill. The same happened to mine sometime in the past prior to me owning it. I just hammered it back down and patched the small hole.