The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

First olds

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2015, 08:12 PM

First olds

My name is Matt. I'm new here, and to Oldsmobiles in general. I have restored a bunch of Fords, from 64 Falcolns to my latest a 46 Ford coupe with a flathead. I recently traded my 46 ford coupe which I had been working on for 5 years. I redid every facet of that car down to chopping the top. unfortunately once it was almost complete, I got really burned out on it. That's when I found my new to me ride a 56 Olds Super 88, that is a mild custom. It was an even trade. I would really like to make the old girl more reliable and fix the few things she needs. Its still leaps and bounds further along than the ford was. I hope to learn as much about these cars as I have about the fat fender fords and flatheads. I know from a little research she has 61 394 in it instead of the 324. I don't know much else though. Hopefully one of you on here can school me on these cars. I have wanted a tri five olds for quite sometime. Its not the 57 hardtop, J2 car I really want, but its a start, plus unlike my chopped ford I can actually fit the kids in it, and chairs, cooler etc and be able to run it faster than 55mph safely. I hope to have many good memories of this car and enjoy actually being able to drive something cool again.
Old September 7th, 2015, 04:50 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, cool story. Post some pics when your get a chance.
Old September 16th, 2015, 09:25 AM

Welcome Matt,mid fifties Olds are great cars,and if you have questions,post them in the Vintage Olds section.Most of us mid fifties owners visit there often.There's a special section there called " ('54-'56 Olds owners Unite) where you can view most of the cars that's owners are members here and you are welcome to join in when you post pictures of your '56. Good luck with your new project!
Old September 16th, 2015, 10:33 AM

Welcome aboard