The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Done lurking, first post!

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2015, 10:18 AM

Done lurking, first post!

Hello from San Diego! I've had my 1968 F85 since 2008, when I bought it on ebay sight unseen. It was a good price and it satisfied three major criteria: it was local, the paint looked great at 10 feet, it ran. I don't know anything about its ownership history or the real mileage, but I think it's a Missouri car (helps explain all the under body rust).

After driving it around for a year and replacing some minor things (carpet, radiator, radio, etc) I decided to rebuild the rocket 350. No major engine performance upgrades, but I did swap the 2 speed for a 3 speed my dad had laying around, and switched to headers.

After narrowly avoiding a bad accident on the freeway I decided to upgrade from all-around manual drum breaks to all power disks. For the past TWO YEARS I've been ever so slowly installing a CPP stage 3 pro-touring kit. Of course for me nothing ever just goes on right the first time, and the car is at my dad's house so I don't get many chances to work on it. It's finally almost done but the ride height changed a lot so I'm looking for some rims to swap with the rears, or possibly a full set. Thanks to the CPP kit I have lots of take-off parts if anyone needs control arms, drum brakes, etc.

Under the quicky paint job (ebay seller was probably a flipper) the body is not in great shape but that's way down on my list. This will never be a show car, I'm just trying to keep it strong and road safe. Next up is a new intake manifold and 4 bbl carb. Anyway, sorry for the long intro but I've been working on this thing for years and I've loved it. Some threads here have helped me in the past so maybe now I'll start contributing if I can.

David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
100_2764.jpg (83.4 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg
P2120342.jpg (69.3 KB, 42 views)
Old April 4th, 2015, 10:44 AM
same but different

Welcome to the site. The car looks good. Nice..have fun.
Old April 4th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Randy C.

Great intro and thanks for posting pics! You are off to a great start and a nice looking car. There are lots of people here that know '68 and '69 A-bodies inside and out and they were very helpful in the restoration of my '68. Enjoy the site but, most of all, enjoy your car!

Randy C.
'68 4-4-2 convertible
'69 4-4-2 convertible (work in progress)
Old April 4th, 2015, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site and sharing your story and pics.
Old April 4th, 2015, 06:54 PM

Thanks guys, I feel the love