The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Diving back in to the olds pool.

Old February 27th, 2015, 08:26 PM

Diving back in to the olds pool.

Howdy, my name is Brandon and my first car was an 1985 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser. It was pursached by several of my friends as a Christmas gift for the low price of $300.00. I being young and dumb one night wrecked it the night before Christmas a few years later. Well, faith or great timing brought another Custom Cruiser into my life. My wife and I were searching for another vehicle for myself to use since my 1992 Nissan Pathfinder (junkyard motor from previous owner), and then the 1990 Chevy 1550 I purchased in the Nissan's place was no bueno. I sold the truck and began searching for a new vehicle under $1500.00. Well, after several days of searching, and numerous test drives I noticed an ad for a Custom Cruiser on Craigslist. I discussed it with the wife, and called the seller for a test drive. The contact, an older gentleman, who helped the seller, which is a very nice 94 year widow. I test drove it and the love sparked back to its full flame. I secured the wagon from the pleasant lady for only $800.00. She was said to see it go, since her husband and herself purchased it brand new 27 years ago. She really kept up with it and kept it in really well condition. The paint is some what faded, but still looks nice, but the interior is awesome and almost perfect. My wife, and 19 month old daughter love it. I aim to keep it mostly stock, and will be seeking two hubcaps to replace the two that are missing from it. I will post pictures once I learn how.
Looking forward to getting an education from many of you and sharing stories.
Old February 28th, 2015, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, congrats on your new found love.
Old February 28th, 2015, 07:30 AM

Welcome Brandon. Post the items needed on this site under parts wanted section.The hubcaps should be available. Post pictures when you can.If you have questions post them, someone will know the answer . Good luck,Larry