The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

cannot decode D6A please help.

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2019, 11:49 AM

cannot decode D6A please help.

Hello all. I have an all original 1985 supreme brougham coupe. cannot decode D6A please help.
Old September 19th, 2019, 12:26 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by iloveoldcars7
Hello all. I have an all original 1985 supreme brougham coupe. cannot decode D6A please help.
Page 0A-22 in your 1985 Chassis Service Manual...

D6A = speedo gear - 34 teeth
Old September 20th, 2019, 08:25 AM

I really appreciate this. can you direct me to the source of your info? I am preparing to sell my coupe and want to be ready for the naysayers and knowitalls in my area.
Old September 20th, 2019, 08:32 AM
Old(s) Fart

can you direct me to the source of your info?
Um... Go back and re-read the first line in Post #2.
Old September 20th, 2019, 08:38 AM

BAM! and there it is. LOL. OK I have another one question, that I seen asked a few times but I'll give it the ole college try.

My neighbor has an Olds with a factory 307 in it (it is also a mid 1980s car ) When at speed she drove smooth, however during the test drive i noticed when I had to slow down on the freeway because someone made and abrupt lane change in front of me, it took forever to get back up to speed. There was no kick down action when I hit the gas and it seemed to bog if I gave her too much gas when I was going 55 to 60 mph.

My neighbor has meticulously maintained this car so I find it hard to believe that there is something egregious going on with the motor. What do you all think is happening with the motor?
Old September 20th, 2019, 08:54 AM
Old(s) Fart

BAM! and there it is. LOL. OK I have another one question, that I seen asked a few times but I'll give it the ole college try.

My neighbor has an Olds with a factory 307 in it (it is also a mid 1980s car ) When at speed she drove smooth, however during the test drive i noticed when I had to slow down on the freeway because someone made and abrupt lane change in front of me, it took forever to get back up to speed. There was no kick down action when I hit the gas and it seemed to bog if I gave her too much gas when I was going 55 to 60 mph.

My neighbor has meticulously maintained this car so I find it hard to believe that there is something egregious going on with the motor. What do you all think is happening with the motor?
Sounds like it needs adjustment of the throttle valve cable to the trans.