The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Another new member

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2009, 03:13 PM

Another new member

Hey guys and gals,

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I am picking up a 1975 Hurst/Olds next week from a real gentleman from the state of Ohio. Its a white/white car in good shape and I look forward to learning from the folks here. wazoo
Old June 28th, 2009, 03:33 PM

Welcome, post pics when you can.
Old June 28th, 2009, 05:35 PM

Welcome to the site! You said you were picking up the car in Ohio, where are you located? If you would add the city and state to your profile you may find other Olds fans nearby. Looking forward to seeing pictures! John
Old June 28th, 2009, 06:07 PM

Welcome to the site, X2 on the pictures and your location
Old June 28th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Randy C.

With a call sign like Wazoo, I'm assuming you are in WA. By any chance, is this the same 1975 Hurst Olds I saw at the All GM Swap Meet in Graham (Pierce County Fairgrounds) a week ago? That would be a great car to own! Randy C.
Old June 28th, 2009, 06:34 PM
olds..older..oldest

Originally Posted by wazoo
Hey guys and gals,

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I am picking up a 1975 Hurst/Olds next week from a real gentleman from the state of Ohio. Its a white/white car in good shape and I look forward to learning from the folks here. wazoo
This site pretty well mandates that all Olds owners are " real gentleman"...at least until challenged at the stop light by a punk in a Japanese rice-rocket!!..........Derek....69 442
Old June 29th, 2009, 05:23 AM

Appreciation

Thanks for the welcome! But I've got to warn: I am not tech savvy; hunting and pecking on the keyboard taxes my already feeble mind. In any event, I'm from NJ but have lived in SC for over 20 yrs. wazoo comes from my last name and buddies in college way back when typewriters......I don't know anything about Pierce County show...The H/O I'm getting next week : I'll be the third owner...buying from second....and have spoke to the first guy...both babied it and it shows...30,000 orig miles...only one mechanic and I spoke with him...I think I've lucked out...owner has turned down dozens of offers...I'll post pix next week with wife's help...Thanks again...wazoo(Jerry).
Old June 29th, 2009, 05:26 AM

Forgot to ask

Hey...I forgot to ask: Did the 1975 H/O come withthe FE 2 suspension package with upgraded springs, sway bars, etc. ? I cannot find this info anywheres. Thanks. wazoo
Old June 29th, 2009, 05:46 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

NJ to Charleston wow talk about culture shock. My Ma was from Charleston and used to say, "There's a moose in the hoose and there's no doobt aboot it.

Or she'd say"Down by de Battreeeee."
Old June 29th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO wazoo. I checked my reference book and it mentions the FE2 suspension package for the first time when describing the '76 year models. That isn't definite as any publication can be in error. Perhaps someone else can help you that has more access to Official Oldsmobile documents. Good luck in your search and hope that you do have it. Look forward to seeing some pictures of it.
Old June 29th, 2009, 09:56 AM

Thanks

Jamesbo: Yes, I would think that the word 'shock' would adequately describe my first years in the southern part of our great country at age twenty-four! Your imitation of the accent is spot-on.

Oldsguy: Thanks for trying to find out. Perhaps someone in the veteran section will know about the suspension for the '75 H/O.

Thanks.