The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

AK_Cutlass_455

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2014, 06:15 PM

AK_Cutlass_455

Hello everyone,

My names Jeremy AKA "AK_Cutlass_455". Just joined today as I have a cutlass here in the 49th state(Alaska) and it is uber hard to find info about Oldsmobile cutlasses or parts even. So I thought I would join this forum to get the real skinny(IE tips, tricks or what others have fixed/found/done) on the car. I have always wanted a 70's era Cutlass since one of my friends from my first assignment(yes I was military) let me work on his '69 442. Always loved the body-style (Yea love Chevelles too) and leaped at the chance to get my own '71 Cutlass. Its a diamond in the rough. Just a little 2 door post with a 455/TH400 combo. Hasn't been driven yet as it was in pieces when I found it. The engine had "J" heads. Yeah I dumped those and have a set of "E" heads on the way from the lower 48. I am here just looking for friendly advice and all that. I'll write a signature soon to state whats up with the progress on my cutlass just in case anyone is interested or entertained by that. Glad to be here.

Jeremy
Old May 14th, 2014, 07:21 PM

Welcome to CO. sounds like a great project. Post pics when you can. This site has a parts wanted section to help you. Also there are lots of places online to get stuff. Supercarsunlimited.com. ThePartsPlaceinc.com. Inlinetube.com. Many more also. Good luck and post pics as you go.
Old May 14th, 2014, 07:26 PM

wildaboutcars.com and 442.com both have good info and many people on this site will amaze you with the knowledge they have on these Oldsmobile's.
Old May 14th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Welcome!
Tons of good info on here!
As said^^^, post pics of the car
Old May 14th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, yes we like to see em.