The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

adding a picture

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2012, 01:03 AM

adding a picture

Since I've only been a member for a few days I think I can still post on the newbie forum. This is a question other newbie's might ask. How do you put a pic of your car under your name in the left column?

Thanks
Old July 24th, 2012, 05:12 AM

This noob was about to ask yesterday, but I figured it out. When you're working on your post, click on the paper clip (attachment) drop-down. The attachment manager box will appear - you can then browse for up to 5 photos to upload. Make sure you click on "upload" after listing the pics.

You can then close the box and go back to the drop-down. You will see the photo file names - just double click each one, or add all with 1 click. You'll see the attachment no. in your draft, but when you preview your post, the photos will show up.
Old July 24th, 2012, 06:07 AM

Fellow noob with same problem....I can't get any pictures up on this site. No embedded photos, no avatar, no album...nothin'. Everything I try "fails". I've resorted to starting a Photobucket page and attaching links.
Me thinks something is up with my computer settings.
Old July 24th, 2012, 06:53 AM

adding pic

Well I followed the instructions given by bdub217 to another post I had in the Eighty-Eight forum. search my other posts and see if you can find it. I don't know how to direct you to it.

Good luck
Old August 19th, 2012, 05:38 PM

Thanks!
Attached Images
Old August 19th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by oldsman72
Fellow noob with same problem....I can't get any pictures up on this site. No embedded photos, no avatar, no album...nothin'. Everything I try "fails". I've resorted to starting a Photobucket page and attaching links.
Me thinks something is up with my computer settings.
Most likely it's because your picture image is too large for upload. Open your photo with the picture manager editor your OS has. Resize the pic to a max of 768X1024. That will upload. C.O.'s server will make slight adjustments to the image size if it's slightly larger. It will NOT automatically resize a large high res picture.

BTW, you know that if you EVER move the photobucket pic or trash it, the link to C.O. will also be broken and any images you installed that way will be lost.