The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

72 toronado

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2012, 12:24 AM

Wink 72 toronado

Im new to this i love oldsmobiles from 66 starfire to 72 toronados etc 425 455 my favorite engine i have a 72 toronado that even if rusty im trying to fix up the car has 67000 original miles if anybody has any stories on this car im ready to talk about them i also love the 72 cutlass supreme these are very fast cars
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:54 AM
Collector of Stray 55's

Welcome - I drove a '72 Toro through college (early 1990's) - got stolen

Great cars - post up some pics - Toros are tougher to find stuff for, but in my opinion, they should all be saved if possible.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:55 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Welcome ! Any pics of your car?
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:30 AM
GM Enthusiast

Welcome to CO! I like the Toros too, especially from that vintage. Post some pics of your project when you get a chance.
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:22 AM

pictures

Its in the process of body and paint of two toros im trying to make one to much rust was the issue but im working on it
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:35 PM

Wink 72 toronado

Originally Posted by sammy
Welcome ! Any pics of your car?
I added some pictures
Old May 6th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Awesome car!That is identical to the one I had in High school.I could barely get it turned around the school parking lot-went like a bat out of h--l!

Enjoy!

Ted
Old May 6th, 2012, 08:01 PM

72 toronado

thanks
Old May 6th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Just an Olds Guy

What are the chances of having 2 72 Toro's to tear down and play with??? Nice. Only lose those ugly **** bumper guards on the back - that's not original and looks really goofy.
Old May 6th, 2012, 09:33 PM

bumpers

Originally Posted by Allan R
What are the chances of having 2 72 Toro's to tear down and play with??? Nice. Only lose those ugly **** bumper guards on the back - that's not original and looks really goofy.
i never thought of that i bought it like that Now i bought the green one 8 years ago and spent 8000 in new parts but never did like the interor color cheap paint job and issues in the front end so eventually tore it apart to fix big rust issues on the brown one
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hope the rust issues are manageable. There are lots of great rust products on the market now that didn't exist when these land yachts were built. THANK YOU for preserving a great piece of Olds history. Do you have the CSM for 72? I have not yet seen an assembly manual for the big cars; likely because they weren't as popular in the restoration market as the A bodies.

Keep us up to date with progress. If you have a picture story of what you started with and how you've got to where you are, that would be great. You do have a lot of parts that other Toro guys may need. Whatever you don't need or want, be sure to post them in the Parts for Sale section.
Old May 7th, 2012, 12:28 PM

Hope the rust issues are manageable. There are lots of great rust products on the market now that didn't exist when these land yachts were built. THANK YOU for preserving a great piece of Olds history. Do you have the CSM for 72? I have not yet seen an assembly manual for the big cars; likely because they weren't as popular in the restoration market as the A bodies.

Keep us up to date with progress. If you have a picture story of what you started with and how you've got to where you are, that would be great. You do have a lot of parts that other Toro guys may need. Whatever you don't need or want, be sure to post them in the Parts for Sale section.
I have a few old pictures but they are paper i need to covert them thats when i got the green car engine rebuilt and by the way it was 11000 not 8000 i spent on the car i just tore apart The old pictures on the brown toro i lost with computer crashes but ill see if my brother has a few he was the previous owner
Old May 7th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Do you have a scanner? My printer doubles as a scanner so I can do stuff like that. Most new stuff now has print/fax/copy/scan capable for low $$$.
Old May 8th, 2012, 09:16 AM

Welcome! My first car was a '68 Toro with the high compression 455. I still miss that car!
Old May 9th, 2012, 07:38 AM

Do you have a scanner? My printer doubles as a scanner so I can do stuff like that. Most new stuff now has print/fax/copy/scan capable for low $$$.
ya i think my brotjher might have one i will look into that