The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

67 olds cutlass station wagon

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2009, 12:44 PM

Post 67 olds cutlass station wagon

Hi all, I am new to your site Just getting the hang of things here. I have a original 67 olds cutlass f85 station wagon with a hurst 4 speed on the floor. Came from the factory like that. I have contacted Oldsmobile archives, and of course they can't tell me how many were made. Does any one have any idea??? I had the engine overhauled a few years back, and it hasn't been driven since. Needs a complete restoration. Any ideas on what its worth??
Thanks all you olds friends
Old July 30th, 2009, 01:07 PM

67 olds cutlass f85 wagon

Originally Posted by dxtclbs
Hi all, I am new to your site Just getting the hang of things here. I have a original 67 olds cutlass f85 station wagon with a hurst 4 speed on the floor. Came from the factory like that. I have contacted Oldsmobile archives, and of course they can't tell me how many were made. Does any one have any idea??? I had the engine overhauled a few years back, and it hasn't been driven since. Needs a complete restoration. Any ideas on what its worth??
Oh I am located in the panhandle of Nebraska!
Old July 30th, 2009, 01:10 PM

Very rare with a factory 4spd, a vista may be more desireable however the Cutlass does not have the glass roof panels that are prone to holding water and rotting thru. Hard to place a value but if you put it on Ebay the world will decide selling price. I would think 2500 would be a fair starting price without knowing anything else.
Old July 30th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Registered Luser

Post a few more times, then post pics....a lot of pics!
Old July 30th, 2009, 02:35 PM

Yeah ..........................LOTS O PICS!!
Old July 30th, 2009, 02:46 PM

Hey thanks for the responses!! That sounds like a good starting price! It is gun metal gray, 330 eng of course, with electric back window. All original and boy it did flat run! Guess I will get it out and see if it still does. I will get some pics here real soon. Thanks!
Old July 30th, 2009, 03:21 PM

Welcome to CO

X2 on the pictures
Old July 30th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Trying to remember member

Yes, I can give you some figures, but help me out and tell me exactly what model you have. There were about 7 station wagon models from 33435-33865.
If it a Lansing built car, Also post the info from the firewall data plate and I'll run the numbers.
Old July 30th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Registered

Howdy and welcome.

That is rare, or at least they are now. $2500 does sound just about right but it all depends. Sounds like fun, Hmmm I just sold my Van and looking for some wheels that just need a little work for fun, like my Vista Cruiser.

Help!!!!!....my wife is strangling me!!...must...try...to...breeeeathe.

Has anyone mentioned that we need pics?
Old July 30th, 2009, 08:20 PM

I will get the #'s tomorrow and hopefully some pics too thanks!
Old July 31st, 2009, 04:33 PM

Hello.

I'm a newbie to this site but a pro on others. Am I understanding correctly that you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can post/respond to other threads?

Thanks
Old July 31st, 2009, 04:35 PM

Ok the # on the fiewall data plate are:
11C
ST 67-33635 Lan 1556 Body
TR 930-A V-V Paint
EC 2L
5Y

Vin 336357M17854

I am going to try to put pics with this post. It is sitting in weeds so the pics aren't that good and I can't get to the back of it yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P7310015.jpg (79.7 KB, 60 views)
P7310017.jpg (91.3 KB, 68 views)
P7310019.jpg (119.6 KB, 79 views)
Old July 31st, 2009, 04:42 PM

The 2L indicates a 4 speed hole for the shifter. Congratulations,it's a true 4 speed car.
Old July 31st, 2009, 04:51 PM

Thanks, We bought it about 20 yrs ago from an old man here in town, we have had it ever since. Everything is still original and it needs a lot of work inside as well as outside. We had the engine overhauled and a new clutch put in and parked it. It needs a rear bumper as the car sits so low it hooked on something and bent the end. Other than that it is straight. On the top sits a replacement rear tailgate door, We scrapped out a wagon years ago and decided to keep that part.As I remember the rear bumper is the same as a 442?
Old July 31st, 2009, 05:04 PM
Registered Luser

Love the roof rack and the patina....get it running and fix the interior and drive it like that. Looks to good! Also, maybe you didn't read right the first time.....WE NEED MORE PICS!
Old July 31st, 2009, 05:10 PM

I need to pull it out of the weeds and get it cleaned out then I will take pics of the interior OK?
Old July 31st, 2009, 05:43 PM
Banned

why dont you give us a price now

i dont want to go through the crap i went through before.
Old July 31st, 2009, 06:26 PM

So far car looks better than I imagined. Im thinking I was low on my starting price....Are you selling it or restoring it?
Old July 31st, 2009, 06:46 PM

Ok the # on the fiewall data plate are:
11C
ST 67-33635 Lan 1556 Body
TR 930-A V-V Paint
EC 2L
5Y

Vin 336357M17854

I am going to try to put pics with this post. It is sitting in weeds so the pics aren't that good and I can't get to the back of it yet.
Okay that model is a "Cutlass Station Wagon V8". Re production figures on the 4-speeds, here is the closest I can get. M20s were available on all 3600 ("regular" Cutlass) V8 series, including 4-doors and wagons. There were approx 270 3600 V8 series that came with 4-speeds.
Old August 1st, 2009, 08:43 AM

Wow thanks wmachine! Thats good to know. Now how do I find out how many might still be out there? As soon as I pull it out and see if she will run I will put a price on her.
Old August 1st, 2009, 09:14 AM

Wow thanks wmachine! Thats good to know. Now how do I find out how many might still be out there? As soon as I pull it out and see if she will run I will put a price on her.
Easy answer: You can't.
Old August 1st, 2009, 12:45 PM
Past Administrator

Interesting car, welcome to CO.
Old August 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM
Registered

Wow thanks wmachine! Thats good to know. Now how do I find out how many might still be out there?
I know there's at least one.
Old August 1st, 2009, 04:55 PM
Banned

hey folks,are you tired of looking at that pos rusting away in the field??inherit a total pos and need it out of your driveway?

ready to call the junkyard?

dont call the junkyard,folks.

put that basketcase pos on classicoldsmobile.com

yes,folks,that pos in your backyard is a classic pos,and there are morons all over the world that will pay big bucks for your classic pos.

hasent moved in 10 years?floors rusted out?motor wont turn?interior now a mouse farm?

no problem,they will still buy it.

there are idiots all over the world that will give a couple grand or more for that pos you paid $200 for 10 years ago..

so get out there,folks,and hit the gold mine called

classicoldsmobile.com
Old August 1st, 2009, 05:45 PM

Most of us here try to help, but even those that can't still have a voice.
Old August 1st, 2009, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by agtw31
hey folks,are you tired of looking at that pos rusting away in the field??inherit a total pos and need it out of your driveway?

yes,folks,that pos in your backyard is a classic pos,and there are morons all over the world that will pay big bucks for your classic pos.

hasent moved in 10 years?floors rusted out?motor wont turn?interior now a mouse farm?

there are idiots all over the world that will give a couple grand or more for that pos you paid $200 for 10 years ago..

classicoldsmobile.com
Your a classic yourself. Ever have anything nice to say about anything at all. Just wondering
Old August 1st, 2009, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wmachine
Most of us here try to help, but even those that can't still have a voice.
try to help do what?

help him sell his pos he's had sitting in a field for 10 years??

most of the new posters just come on here to try and hock the pos that's been sitting in their yard for 20 years,figuring some goof on this site might bite.

you have absolutely no idea how many people ive helped on this board and others.

the people i have actually helped and actually know have a lot more to offer in knowledge and skill than you ever will attain in your entire life.

it's best to keep your opinions in your head,because you're wrong again,as usual.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 06:49 AM

try to help do what?

help him sell his pos he's had sitting in a field for 10 years??

most of the new posters just come on here to try and hock the pos that's been sitting in their yard for 20 years,figuring some goof on this site might bite.

you have absolutely no idea how many people ive helped on this board and others.

the people i have actually helped and actually know have a lot more to offer in knowledge and skill than you ever will attain in your entire life.

it's best to keep your opinions in your head,because you're wrong again,as usual.
Exactly as I said.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 07:33 AM

When I found CO I was impressed with the knowledge of some members and hoped they could help me to find out more about my olds, since the olds archive didn't have any info.And wmachine did a awesome job for me Thank You wmachine
I didn't come on here trying to sell, just wondered what it was worth and how rare it is. I knew it was rare the day we bought it, thats why we kept it. I have been collecting cars for 30 yrs,(2 buicks and a packard, & a stude) and have been an upholsterer for as long. I have professionally restored the interior of many old cars.
Your first post on this thread you wanted me to put a price on it, agtw31.So I wonder why you think the way you do
After you kept emailing me asking for a price I decided yeah I can sell it, that way someone with more time can restore it and it will be a viable auto again.
Also there are other ways to advertise classic autos for sale isn't there?????

Oh by the way I am not a (he).

Last edited by dxtclbs; August 2nd, 2009 at 07:37 AM. Reason: turned letters around for Classic Oldsmobile
Old August 2nd, 2009, 07:46 AM
Registered Luser

Well, if you weren't so far from NY, I'd love to have that car! And your right, maybe someone will buy it and SAVE it and ENJOY it......wish it were me!
Old August 2nd, 2009, 07:59 AM

Hearing about and seeing pictures of your wagon made my day! You can advertise the car in the main forum under cars for sale. I would rather see it for sale here, a site that I visit daily rather than some other obscure place. I would not refer to the car as a pos. It is what it is. Most anything/car can be brought back from the dead. Your wagon is optioned in a way that it would be worthwhile IMO. As for idiots who would pay stupid money for a car, I am one of them. But I enjoy bringing cars back and do it for gladness and not profit. For some the old car hobby is a meal ticket or cash cow. Pick up parts and cars for low prices due to a seller's unfortunate circumstances or ignorance then sell at a premium. I have asked a few questions on another Oldsmobile forum and have been "helped" with advice on what parts would be needed and that the helper just so happens to have these parts for sale. In this respect I would prefer to find my "help" somewhere else.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:01 AM
doc

Cool factory set-up....has potential.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:20 AM

classicoldsmobile.com
Now is this productive?
Old August 5th, 2009, 06:28 AM

Thanks guys! I will post more pics and let you know if it still runs in a couple weeks.
Old August 5th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Registered

I'll be waiting with baited breath for the report and more pics.
(I hate when you get baited breath from keeping the worms in your mouth so they don't freeze when you're ice fishing)

Rowing through the gears in that boat with that powerful mill's torque snapping your neck back would be cool.
I bet you could put the old $20 bill on the dash and nobody could ever grab it...from the back seat.
I would leave the sunburned rust patina too Erik, after so long those western cars just stop rusting anyway, the rust just gets tired and gives up.
Old August 5th, 2009, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bluevista
I'll be waiting with baited breath for the report and more pics.
(I hate when you get baited breath from keeping the worms in your mouth so they don't freeze when you're ice fishing)

Rowing through the gears in that boat with that powerful mill's torque snapping your neck back would be cool.
I bet you could put the old $20 bill on the dash and nobody could ever grab it...from the back seat.
I would leave the sunburned rust patina too Erik, after so long those western cars just stop rusting anyway, the rust just gets tired and gives up.
That car deserves fresh paint! Henry
Old August 5th, 2009, 06:55 PM

sounds like somebody is mad they cant have it for nothing. so they take it out on this guy who just wants some helpful info, i would be glad to drive it just the way it looks