The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

66 Cutlass Convertible; 330ci w/Jetaway 2sp tranny

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2014, 11:22 PM
CowboyHedlund

66 Cutlass Convertible; 330ci w/Jetaway 2sp tranny

I recently joined the site. I own a 1966 Cutlass Convertible with the 330ci motor and the 2 speed Jetaway transmission. I bought it at an estate sale, so I have no real history on the vehicle. I live in Boulder, Colorado.

I'm reading lots of posts and learning quite a bit.

I'm looking for the following parts:
passenger side rear view mirror (the orig round one)
rear bumper (the one I have is damaged)
a shift handle - anybody have a good schematic of the handle? (my handle is missing parts)
the switch for the convertible top (the previous owner installed an aftermarket switch just to the side of the ash tray)

Thanks,
Old August 29th, 2014, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by cowboyhedlund
I recently joined the site. I own a 1966 Cutlass Convertible with the 330ci motor and the 2 speed Jetaway transmission. I bought it at an estate sale, so I have no real history on the vehicle. I live in Boulder, Colorado.

I'm reading lots of posts and learning quite a bit.

I'm looking for the following parts:
passenger side rear view mirror (the orig round one)
rear bumper (the one I have is damaged)
a shift handle - anybody have a good schematic of the handle? (my handle is missing parts)
the switch for the convertible top (the previous owner installed an aftermarket switch just to the side of the ash tray)

Thanks,
Welcome to CO, lots of 66&67 people here. Post some pictures of your car when you get a chance, everyone would love to see it, especially me.
You can get a mirror from Fusick http://www.fusick.com/
From where you live I would send the bumper to Ogden chrome in Ogden UT, they can straighten and rechrome yours, because you can't buy a new one.
I had a bad shift handle experience also, hopefully someone can help. I just remodeled mine with an aftermarket handle for less than $20. You can find a good picture in a service manual. You can view a service manual and print pages on here http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-b...plate.cgi?id=8 ALL FREE, just join and enjoy.
Don't know about the switch, hope someone else can help.
Old August 29th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, x2 on posting pictures. Post a list of parts wanted items in the classifieds on here.