The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

54 olds s88

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2014, 08:59 AM

54 olds s88

Hello lads( and lassies), I've had my car since Dec '12 but only recently have had time to start work on it( this retirement gig is best job ever). Also I live in a condo, which presents a few problems.....such as my one elderly neighbour who constantly screeches at me about that ancient smelly,oil dripping wreck parked in the underground, and when is the council going to evict it. Unknown to her the council loves the idea of an antique car....providing it's insured and I don't litter it's park spot with bits and bobs of oldsmobile.
The old 324 cratered early this summer, and it finally located a replacement in Ontario,which necessitated a 5000k rd trip this sept.( Northern Michigan is quite a gem at that time of year) , just got the new motor installed 2 weeks ago, but summer is over and I'm not prepared to roll it in the rain.....so we wait for spring here on the wet coast. There's lots of great forums on this site, I'm really pleased to find lots of good info.....as Arnold says...."I'll be back"
Kudos to all the hard working site admin guys. Great site!
Craig
Old October 26th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Welcome. There are lots of us on here with 50's cars and it seems to be increasing. This is a great website with lots of helpful folks here. One of the things everybody likes to see is pictures of your car. Tell us a little more about your car. Is it a 4-door, 2-door and whatever else you can.
Old October 26th, 2014, 02:08 PM

Welcome to the site!

X2 on a request to see pictures of your car.

John
Old October 26th, 2014, 05:31 PM

Thks for the interest, it's a 4 door sedan, 1954 s88, pretty stock, a radio delete car, manufactured in Oshawa Ont, probably sold originally in southern Alberta. I'm the 3rd or 4 th owner, I think it had a minor resto sometime in the late 70 s or early 80 s, otherwise hardly touched. Has the usual small rust spots, and a coupla small dents( rear bumper). 67k on the odometer....I think that's original, I'm still trying to figure out how to post photos....not very computer savy...lol...probably more comp savy than gear head savy...but life is a great learning curve, and this car has many curves for me.
Now I'll try to post photos...lol
Thks for the interest.
You might have to go to my profile.....I think some photos took there.
Old October 26th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site and congrats on the retirement. X3 on the pics.
Old October 26th, 2014, 09:00 PM

Welcome aboard Craig. as the rest have said we love pictures.. If you are still having problems posting pictures read the second sticky down from the top on this forum and it may help you out on your posting. The usual problem on ths site arises when your pictures (file) is to large (to much resolution) and you may need to resize down to something in the 100 KB range. If you are still having problems drop us a line and we will get you on the right track.....Tedd
Old October 27th, 2014, 04:42 AM

Welcome Craig! Looking forward to pictures.

Rick
Old October 27th, 2014, 08:57 AM

Trying, about to give up for a coupla days...tried your advice Ted, but still went in circles....clearly I'm missing something. Photos soon lads. Lol.
Old October 28th, 2014, 07:09 PM
GM Enthusiast

Welcome to CO!