The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

37 olds f37

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2014, 08:13 PM

37 olds f37

2 door sedan. 350 engine, 350 trans, but I need to up grade front suspension, disc brake, rack pinion, steering column, and p/b with swinging pedal???
You guys done a conversion on one of these sweet hearts,, help,, need some ideas,,, thanks
Old November 11th, 2014, 11:34 PM

New Suspension under 37 Olds

[QUOTE=Sedanstud;762891]2 door sedan. 350 engine, 350 trans, but I need to up grade front suspension, disc brake, rack pinion, steering column, and p/b with swinging pedal???

I'd start by talking to Brent at Fatman Fabrications http://www.fatmanfabrications.co/
They've probably made, sold or installed upgraded suspensions for a wider variety of old cars than about anybody. All it takes is a phone call to their Tech people and maybe a half hour of your time. They can tell you what will work best given your goals, equipment and skill sets.

Before you do that, read what he has written about the Mustang II type IFS and it should give you confidence the company knows what its talking about. http://tech.fatmanfabrications.co/ex...b_source=pubv1

I've built a number of older rods but never a 30s Olds so anything I might say would just be opinion.
Jerry
Old November 11th, 2014, 11:45 PM

Just noticed you are about one hour north of me. Sort of in the neighborhood. Citcapp and some other members are in the Seattle Metro area. Post some pictures and keep us up to date.

re. Brakes: think system. Don't piece them together and expect good results. Do power brakes and hanging them on the firewall is pretty standard. Consult some of the aftermarket brake system suppliers and the Internet. On columns I've always done GM tilt type columns from the 70s. You can modify them to take the key out of the column and keep it on the dash if you like. I'd definitely go with power steering too. Mustang II or late 80s Thunderbird power R&P will work with MII suspension or even Corvette C4 IFS.
Old November 12th, 2014, 03:55 PM

Thanks 47 conv

Thanks for the feed back and will try the photo thing too. Sedan