The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

1967 Delmont compatible pieces and parts

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2020, 05:07 PM

Question 1967 Delmont compatible pieces and parts

Hi all, Newbie here, so pleas forgive me if I ask some crazy, and previously answered questions. I just purchased a 1967 Delmont 88 4 door sedan (with pillars, not the hardtop). I haven't dropped the gas tank yet (Im at day 3 of ownership), but since I have to replace the fuel pump and some lines, I thought I'd pick up a new tank rather than try to clean out 50 years worth of crude. Come to find out this is more of a challenge than expected. I saw that some users have mentioned that other B body Chevy's like an Impala or Belair tank could work.....has anyone swapped out an Olds 88 model with an Impala or Belair tank? Curious to see if it was an easy swap out, or if it isn't feasible, or requires a lot of modification. Any insight on interchangeable parts from other GM products to the Olds 88 models is appreciated.
Old September 29th, 2020, 06:03 PM
Old(s) Fart

Pretty much nothing in the chassis, suspension, brakes, or steering interchanges with Impala. The frames are completely different, the suspension design is completely different, the steering linkage is completely different, and the Chevy brakes are smaller. Ironically, some of the interior parts are the same. For example, I got the package shelf and arm rests for my 67 Delta from Hubbard's Impala Parts.
Old September 29th, 2020, 08:31 PM

If your tank is just cruded up and not rusted out take it to a local radiator shop(if there is one around anymore) and have it boiled out. Probably cheaper and you keep your original parts.....Tedd