my second 67 olds delmont project

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2009, 07:46 PM
67 heavy metal

my second 67 olds delmont project

I just got this car recently I was after parts when I found it with help from Ron hardtop/ragtop who told me about it.The car is basicly a shell she's been fairly cleaned out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
100_0702.jpg (101.3 KB, 72 views)
100_0711.jpg (95.7 KB, 57 views)
100_0706.jpg (82.0 KB, 52 views)
100_0707.jpg (88.0 KB, 47 views)
Old September 10th, 2009, 07:58 PM
67 heavy metal

this car was origionally a 425 bb car with posably a th400 not a hundred % shure but it has a twelve bolt rear end don't know the gears.The car was also a AC equiped.I don't know all the history on the car but it was from Arizona and made it's way to pa then finally to NY.The sheet metal is in better shape than on my blue delmont so I decided to save it and rebuild.I would say I have my work cut out for me but I think it will be worth it.I bought a 455 and trans out of a 69 olds 98 from fla and had origionally planned on dropping it in to the blue delmont but changed my mind.I figure it will be perfect for this project and the car the engine came out of was a ac equiped car so there is the option to have it if I want.
Attached Images
100_0708.jpg (94.1 KB, 22 views)
100_0709.jpg (94.8 KB, 22 views)
100_0710.jpg (89.2 KB, 17 views)
100_0711.jpg (95.7 KB, 21 views)
100_0712.jpg (109.8 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by delmontcrusier; September 11th, 2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:07 PM
67 heavy metal

I have found a few problem areas as the front were the grill goes and the hood latch is suposed to be is folded and wrinkled.the car has one rear corner extention missing and most of the chrome is gone.I am not as concerned with some of the chrome as I will not be replacing the side chrome.I will be getting the chrome for the rear of the car as well as parts needed for the front.The best thing is the rear bumper is perfect.
Attached Images
100_0713.jpg (120.5 KB, 19 views)
100_0703.jpg (109.9 KB, 16 views)
100_0704.jpg (77.3 KB, 24 views)
100_0705.jpg (69.5 KB, 16 views)
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:14 PM
67 heavy metal

I parked my blue olds next to my project for comparison as the blue car was origionally white with blue interior and the project car is white with red or maroon interior.I plan to paint the car maroon or a redish color further up the line but for now I am on the hunt for parts.
Attached Images
two olds.jpg (103.6 KB, 19 views)
side by side.jpg (104.1 KB, 52 views)
my cars.jpg (108.0 KB, 31 views)
my blue 67.jpg (89.5 KB, 21 views)
front olds.jpg (102.2 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by delmontcrusier; September 11th, 2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:22 PM
67 heavy metal

She sits quite high in the front with no engine weight.I also took one pic of the door panels for comparision between cars the armrests are gone.I did not take any other pic's of the interior at this time as I need to clean it out and there isn't much in there at this time.The seats seat belts etc are gone and will have to be replaced.I joke with a few people when this car is done it will need wheelly bars will see.
Attached Images
100_0721.jpg (102.3 KB, 40 views)
my cars.jpg (108.0 KB, 24 views)
rear blue olds.jpg (107.4 KB, 21 views)
blue olds.jpg (110.1 KB, 22 views)
Old September 13th, 2009, 04:29 PM
67 heavy metal

I went through some old emails from when I purchased the 455 engine.I may have said it came out of a 69 olds 98 but the trans is a th 400 though the guy said THD 400 trans.I have a very good feeling this car will be a monster when done.I figure that or a very good sleeper.
Old September 30th, 2009, 05:35 PM
67 heavy metal

Update

I have been collecting parts and have a 2dr 67 delmont convertable parts car that was interesting getting.The unfortunate part is many of the parts were broken or missing.The main problem was back in 1985 who ever owned the car ran into a pole or tree and messed up driver side parts like the bumper headlight section ie bezel fender etc.I do have a few old pictures but they were taken before i got the car and between me and the previous owner much has since been removed.I will post newer pic's when I get a chance.The car had a 425 and trans but were removed prior to purchase for a cutlass.I will have to figure out if I can make the seats out of the convertable work in the 4dr or will sell them.I have a few people interested in parts but have to get a few more parts then I may sell whats left.I bought it for parts but someone with the time and parts could save it.I know it needed quaters and front end parts but the frame is good and many other parts I don't need.The antenna is spoken for once I get it out.I have put a few parts off of the convert on my 4dr if not temporarily as I will have to clean and sand to paint it along with popin out a few dents.
Old September 30th, 2009, 05:39 PM
67 heavy metal

update pictures

the pics
Attached Images
albany carIMG_7436.jpg (80.1 KB, 32 views)
albany carIMG_7437.jpg (76.9 KB, 35 views)
albany carIMG_7438.jpg (54.0 KB, 31 views)
albany carIMG_7439.jpg (36.2 KB, 20 views)
albany carIMG_7440.jpg (72.7 KB, 33 views)
Old September 30th, 2009, 05:40 PM
67 heavy metal

continued

more
Attached Images
albany carIMG_7442.jpg (63.3 KB, 26 views)
albany carIMG_7443.jpg (47.6 KB, 20 views)
Old September 30th, 2009, 05:46 PM

I saw parts for a 67 Delmont 88 for sale on E-Bay the other day.
Old September 30th, 2009, 05:53 PM
67 heavy metal

Originally Posted by FATRATMATT
I saw parts for a 67 Delmont 88 for sale on E-Bay the other day.
you may be refering to the guy in cali.I have talked to him and seeing what I can do though everything I asked about he put on the ebay list so I have to bid for it.
Old September 30th, 2009, 06:20 PM

He could of at least listed a "Buy it now " price. Maybe after the bidding is done and nothing has sold, He'll call ya.
Old September 30th, 2009, 06:25 PM
67 heavy metal

Originally Posted by FATRATMATT
He could of at least listed a "Buy it now " price. Maybe after the bidding is done and nothing has sold, He'll call ya.
well I would have to look but he gave me his number i think but I never called or gave him mine we communicated by email.I hope he thinks like you he said he was parting it out due to the fact he was taking the engine and trans and i belive using it in a f 85.

turns out it is a f 85 here is a quote from his email "I'M PUTTING THE COMPLETE DRIVETRAIN IN A 64 OLDS CONVT F85"

Last edited by delmontcrusier; October 2nd, 2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: more info
Old October 1st, 2009, 09:18 AM

Small world

I know that car....I happened to get some parts that were on Ebay. Nice guy to deal with. When I tried to get more parts he told me that he was selling the whole car to someone, which turned out to be you.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 08:27 AM
67 heavy metal

Originally Posted by bmwashington
I know that car....I happened to get some parts that were on Ebay. Nice guy to deal with. When I tried to get more parts he told me that he was selling the whole car to someone, which turned out to be you.
Ha Ha no kidding that is somthing.Might I ask what you got she is quite cleaned out.The good thing is I am in the process of parts collection to put er back together and have a nice car.I was in communication for a bit with him and he told me he needed it out of his hands (aggervation with the town)and I was more than happy to pay the decent price and have a new project.I have to admit the sheet metal is better than what is on my blue car.That poor car has a history though going from AZ to PA then moving around NY.I was refering to the white one though the covertable was a interesting ordeal and trip lets just say there was wheel trouble on the tip.The guy the convert came from was nice and helped get everything figured out so me and my friend could get it home.

Last edited by delmontcrusier; October 2nd, 2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old October 6th, 2009, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by delmontcrusier
Ha Ha no kidding that is somthing.Might I ask what you got she is quite cleaned out.The good thing is I am in the process of parts collection to put er back together and have a nice car.I was in communication for a bit with him and he told me he needed it out of his hands (aggervation with the town)and I was more than happy to pay the decent price and have a new project.I have to admit the sheet metal is better than what is on my blue car.That poor car has a history though going from AZ to PA then moving around NY.I was refering to the white one though the covertable was a interesting ordeal and trip lets just say there was wheel trouble on the tip.The guy the convert came from was nice and helped get everything figured out so me and my friend could get it home.
I got the trim that goes over the rear taillights, the top boot and top/antenna switches. I wanted to get the top motor, but that is when he told me that you were buying to whole car. So, I'm I to understand that you are going to fix the convertible or are u using it for parts.
Old October 6th, 2009, 07:47 AM
67 heavy metal

Originally Posted by bmwashington
I got the trim that goes over the rear taillights, the top boot and top/antenna switches. I wanted to get the top motor, but that is when he told me that you were buying to whole car. So, I'm I to understand that you are going to fix the convertible or are u using it for parts.
I am parting out the parts I don't need the car would have needed frontend parts and rear quarters not to mention all the missing parts that were sold.I knew somone wanted the top motor but haven't figured out how to get it out,plus he had the top down when I got the car and there was no way to figure out how to get it back up seeing the dash gage panel and many other things were out of the car or at least not were they were suposed to be.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 10:37 PM
67 heavy metal

I am parting out the parts I don't need the car would have needed frontend parts and rear quarters not to mention all the missing parts that were sold.I knew somone wanted the top motor but haven't figured out how to get it out,plus he had the top down when I got the car and there was no way to figure out how to get it back up seeing the dash gage panel and many other things were out of the car or at least not were they were suposed to be.
I am changing the above as I am going to make a I guess best way to describe it is a redneck ratrod out of the 2 dr convert.I have a family member that was going to get rid of a old chevy blazer after this winter that he is using to plow with now and since I have someone interested in the frame from the convert and the blazer body is shot while the drive trane is good I figured what the heck.Plans on this will be posted later.
Old March 7th, 2010, 05:40 AM

the rear tail light seeem a Delta.
congratulations for the project,working there very
Old March 7th, 2010, 10:36 AM
67 heavy metal

Originally Posted by olds67
the rear tail light seeem a Delta.
congratulations for the project,working there very

the taillights are delta so was the front headlight setup.the reason for this was the car came from Aroizona and was brought up to Pennsylvania were parts were swaped to a delta.the car then made it's way to NY.The guy I got it from was parting it out and made a deal and sold it to me.The car is a bit stripped out but will make a nice project.Though it wont be origional it should be nice once finished.
Old March 7th, 2010, 02:03 PM

the taillights are delta so was the front headlight setup.the reason for this was the car came from Aroizona and was brought up to Pennsylvania were parts were swaped to a delta.the car then made it's way to NY.The guy I got it from was parting it out and made a deal and sold it to me.The car is a bit stripped out but will make a nice project.Though it wont be origional it should be nice once finished.
i found on ebay a Delmont few weeks ago, was sold for $ 1000 and an engine 425 hight compression but the car was in terrible condition, but complete with everything I had almost decided to take only that transport in Italy was very expensive.
if you found the link around, maybe you could be of interest for spare parts

Last edited by olds67; March 7th, 2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old May 7th, 2011, 07:00 PM
67 heavy metal

update to those interested in this thread.Not to much has happened with these cars other than they are stored at this time.The unfortunate is till I have some funds or a place to work on them they will be on the back burner.I have not given up but have stalled so to speak for now.I will have to look for a engine and trans for the convert as they were pulled when I bought the car.I would like to get another 425 like that of what was in the car.A 330 or 350 olds engine is a option as well.
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:09 PM
67 heavy metal

update

I have a few pictures of the 2dr convert as it sits now.I had to take a few parts off as they were not well secured and will not be needed for what I have planned.That was the core support and the pass fender.You can see the 4dr in the background in the first pic.I still need a engine and trans for the ratrod convert olds.I was looking into a 425 I found but looks like that one is a bad idea.So for now this project is stalled till I get a drivetrane and some other parts.I took a few parts off this car in the beginning as it was at first going to be a parts car.But I will be putting some of them back on.So for now this is it hopfully later this summer I will have this car comming together.

Now for the white 4dr.I have alot of what I need to get this one up and running.I have a motor and trans along with other parts.I am still collecting needed parts and will need to figure out seats and carpet as it has none at this time.The seats,carpet and some interior parts were gone when I got this car along with the orig motor and trans.I need the under hood ac parts since they are gone.Once I have the ac parts the 455 out of the 69 plds 98 was a ac car and the brackets are still on the motor.I also have a spare wiring harness that I plan to use from cali since the origional harness was chopped at the firewall.But I will save it since it can be rebuilt like I did on my blue car.

Both cars have miscellaneous parts needed to finnish them.The white one will be painted.The ratrod convert I have not decided what I am going to do body wise yet.
Attached Images
0315121539.jpg (97.9 KB, 16 views)
0315121539a.jpg (105.0 KB, 13 views)