project 1970 w-30 convt 4 speed status

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2010, 05:20 PM

project 1970 w-30 convt 4 speed status

I posted some information on my car a few months ago. It is an original California car with about 20 original documents including pictures shortly after it was delivered and after the first owner installed aluminum slotted rims. You can see the sticker on the license plate dated 1970.

I wanted to report the progress on the project. All body work is complete. Last week the engine was put on the dyno and hit 371hp, close to stock rated horsepower.

I am very involved in the restoration and have been chasing parts to make the car correct. I had purchased all NOS parts (including hood) from Oldsmobile about 20 years ago but failed to get a couple parts. So I still need a NOS steering wheel (the repos are nice but have a slighly different bend and are too grainy), NOS poverty caps, original correct dated non tinted glass and date coded correctly rear convertible top glass. Well that is not the reason for the post.

The car is in Colorado and you can see the progress at levelonerestoration.com. He just finished the underside paint. Gary is restoring his first w-27 and needs to match the finish to original. I actually had a NOS w-27 but stupidly sold it about 20 years ago. The car will be painted in about a month and begin the assembly process. I hope to have it finished and present the car at the 2011 Nationals in Reno.

I have owned the car more that 30 years and it is only one of the more than a hundred that I have owned is considered part of the family. My daughter thinks it is hers. I have had many other w-30s and HO cars including the 1971 w-30 convertible m-22 car that I still own and drive and a x vin 1972 w-30 convt 4 speed that I dont have and drove for years as a transportation car. Thats the update. This group has already helped me and I appreciate all of you. Lee
Old November 5th, 2010, 05:43 PM

http://levelonerestoration.com/imageview.aspx?id=27

Lee, your car is looking very nice. I look forward to seeing it in Reno.
Old December 28th, 2010, 08:06 AM

my car was painted yesterday!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like it is going to make the Reno Nationals. Lee

Last edited by leepear; May 16th, 2011 at 07:21 PM.