Jimi2Much 67 442

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2014, 12:43 PM

Cool Jimi2Much 67 442

Holy cow what a extremely nice 442. I just got back from the shop who is doing the nut and bolt restore. The car isn't done yet and Jim needed the hood lip trim his got lost at chrome shop so i sold him my extra one. I took some pictures but bad lighting doesn't do this car justice. Besides i don't know how to post from my phone!
Old October 1st, 2014, 08:58 PM

The Karma police have saved me again ...

If it were NOT for this Forum , my car , and literally , my life would have exploded by now . I have way too many people to thank .
wr1970 is the last in a long list ( Hood trim piece ) to come through .
He not only sourced the Part for me , he drove across the State of KS to deliver it . He has a lifetime of Olds knowledge , and 4 , 442's currently in his life .
Another member , tfatboy98 , came to my rescue . During the time when I discovered that my totally restored rroth Dash , had incurred a dash pad puncture , he drove over an hour away just to witness my damage , and send me pictures . During my 1 month quest , Run to Rund , sold me a beautiful to me , mint Dash Pad . Driving from New Mexico to the Olds Nat's in Cincinnati , he delivered to Salina KS . Again , I'm just humbled .
Then , while I'm talking to wr1970 , I get a call from Ron Roth ... just to make sure everything we put together was staying together . .
Ron feels like my Brother from a different Mother . About December 1st of 2013 , Calvin of Calvins Customs 9 My restorer of choice , tells me my 47 year old wiring harness's are showing signs of not being up to the standards of the car . I GET IT . To go along with a Roth Dash , ( I've got pictures ) he gets me to American Auto Wire . I now have 11 new O.E. level wiring harness's . One of my many pet peeves when watching and viewing in person Barrett - Jackson Scottsdale , is the amount of cars where a tail light or brake light does NOT work . I think my car will not have that problem .
Additionally , Chip Woyner - powersteering.com , and Eric Gardner @ gardnerexhaust.com , have both provided the absolute finishing touches
where I just could have gone wrong , cheap , or both .
After I had the body removed from the frame , I was thinking a 30,000 dollar ( WAG ) sympathetic - Barn Find restoration . My reality is just about to go over 57,000 dollars . And , I,m still 2 - 4 weeks away
Yikes . I will have to rechrome my O.E. Air Cleaner , and get a full restoration externally of my A.C. pieces . This I can do in AZ .
Then what do I have ? Maybe a full picture spread in 30 days ..
I would have been dead in the water without the wonderful people from this forum . Never underestimate the power of what a team of people can do .
Thanks to everyone ( and there have been many I did not mention when I was decoding Cowl Tag , Block , Head , Trans , and my initial discovery process . ) This is a very powerful group .. Jim Tuma .