Convertible frames

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2009, 03:17 AM

Convertible frames

Hey Guys, Will a frame from a '67 Olds Delta 88 Convertible fit under a '68 Olds Delmont 88 Convertible ? I appreciate anyone's insight on this.
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:13 PM

Yes, same frame. BTW, how is your trunk filler panel? Thats the panel from your convertible top to the trunk-lid opening. It also includes the trunk hinges. These are prone to rust out, I have a nice one.
Old July 11th, 2009, 10:17 AM

Thumbs up Convertible Frame

Originally Posted by Kennybill
Yes, same frame. BTW, how is your trunk filler panel? Thats the panel from your convertible top to the trunk-lid opening. It also includes the trunk hinges. These are prone to rust out, I have a nice one.
Hi, Thanks for your reply. The panel you mention is in really good shape on my car. Also, the trunk floor pan has two small rust thru areas, about the size of a dollar bill. I had the car up on a hoist the other day and the floor pans look to be very solid. The frame had been fish-plated at sometime in the past. Upon closer inspection and, because I'm going to frame-off her, my welder/fitter buddy feels that we can restore the frame to like new condition for far less than it would take to buy a frame from the "dry "states and have it shipped to the east coast of Canada. Transpot costs alone would be scary; probably equal to the amount paid for the frame. Once I get into the project, I'll post some photos.
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:18 PM
67 heavy metal

Originally Posted by hardtop/ragtop
Hi, Thanks for your reply. The panel you mention is in really good shape on my car. Also, the trunk floor pan has two small rust thru areas, about the size of a dollar bill. I had the car up on a hoist the other day and the floor pans look to be very solid. The frame had been fish-plated at sometime in the past. Upon closer inspection and, because I'm going to frame-off her, my welder/fitter buddy feels that we can restore the frame to like new condition for far less than it would take to buy a frame from the "dry "states and have it shipped to the east coast of Canada. Transpot costs alone would be scary; probably equal to the amount paid for the frame. Once I get into the project, I'll post some photos.
will be nice to see some pics of your car had probs with your hinge panels I was told and needed a fender but the fenders on the car in ny are 67 your is a 68 I thought are the fenders the same or are you good at metal work

Originally Posted by Kennybill
do you have a picture of the panel I may be interested my car had some bad rust/rot when I got it

Last edited by delmontcrusier; July 12th, 2009 at 09:21 PM.