1969 442 Rotisserie Restoration

Old December 31st, 2015, 09:24 AM

1969 442 Rotisserie Restoration

It's been a longtime coming but the time has arrived. I am starting to do a rotisserie restoration on my 69 442. The original color is Palomino Gold with a black vinyl top. The interior is black buckets and a automatic transmission. I wish I could I tell you that it was a numbers matching but it appears that the motor was replaced with a small block Chevy. I have all of the original documentation of the car complete with POP and data sheet that I found under the carpet. I also found a partial datasheet under the rear seat but the mice had used it for lunch. So far I have hulled it a
out, catalogued the parts and hardware and put it on the rotisserie. I'll include a few pictures of it as of now and will update this thread as I go. I'll also probably be asking for advice a long the way and your comments will always be welcomed!

First question is, the pictures that I have uploaded aren't showing in my post, what do I need to do to fix that?

Last edited by SMOSLEY; January 1st, 2016 at 03:57 AM. Reason: trying to insert pictures
Old December 31st, 2015, 09:55 AM
72 Olds CS

the pics might be to big.

you can add pics by clicking the landscape square and select upload from my device and insert

I love the 69 palomino gold color will you be repainting in that color?
Old December 31st, 2015, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by RetroRanger
the pics might be to big.

you can add pics by clicking the landscape square and select upload from my device and insert

I love the 69 palomino gold color will you be repainting in that color?
I really haven't decided on the color. I know that going back with original color would be best but once completed I don't have plans to sell it.
Old January 1st, 2016, 05:59 AM

I'm not sure if Chase is my help or supervisor. Haha

Putting the rotisserie together, this thing is super heavy duty.

Old January 1st, 2016, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Glad you enlisted help, if he stays interested it will be a great experience.
Old April 21st, 2016, 11:39 AM

update

I haven't updated this thread in a while and I'll try to post some photos of the progress over the weekend. I can tell you that the frame has been completely sand blasted, numbers match the VIN plate and I've started installing a complete Global West suspension on it. I plan on keeping it the correct ride height. The wheels have been blasted and repainted. I also had been having trouble finding a replacement a/c fan control switch so I did some goggling and found that the manufacturer of the switch is still in business. After a couple of phone calls and a few emails with pictures of the a/c switch I was told that if I sent the switch back to them that they would be glad to rebuild it for me. One of the gentlemen involved in the emails has actually been with them for many decades and I thought it was pretty cool that he may have been on of the guys producing the very switch that I am sending to be rebuilt.
Old April 21st, 2016, 12:38 PM

I will be following. I too and doing a frame off resto of a 69 442 and it will be Nugget Gold with black hood stripes. Was born a Saffron with black vinyl top. I figured if I was going to spend the money, I wanted a color I could live with.

Good luck.
Sean
Old April 21st, 2016, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Boilerz25
I will be following. I too and doing a frame off resto of a 69 442 and it will be Nugget Gold with black hood stripes. Was born a Saffron with black vinyl top. I figured if I was going to spend the money, I wanted a color I could live with.

Good luck.
Sean
If there is anything I can help you with, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Old April 22nd, 2016, 08:30 AM

Love to look at other peoples projects. Need more pics