Installed Kick Panels and interior

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2008, 08:55 PM
Grown Azz Kid

Installed Kick Panels and interior

Hello,

Just wanted to share some pictures of the kick panels installed with the infinity speakers and alpine CD with IPOD hook up in the center console.

003.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

014.JPG
Old March 31st, 2008, 08:57 PM
Grown Azz Kid

Few More

021.JPG

046.JPG

047.JPG

049.JPG
Old March 31st, 2008, 08:58 PM
Grown Azz Kid

And More

057.JPG

058.JPG

060.JPG

061.JPG
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:35 AM

Where did you get the kick panels at? I have a 67 Cutlass supreme convertible that I installed some small 4" speakers in the vent recess. Not too bad of a location but looks a little mickey mouse.
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Registered

Looks good!, I did my '68 goat 'vert a couple of years ago with the those kick panels and installed the same Infiniti speakers, smart choice, I like the adjustable tweeters, and they even sound good too. I purchased my kick panels from Custom Autosound, I have seen them in parts catalogs too. I have a Pioneer head unit in the glove box and a boat remote hidden in the ash tray so I only have to access it to change CD's. My Vista Cruiser will have plenty of room for a more substantial sound system, a big plasma screen would fit right under the storage compartment lid.

Allan
Old April 10th, 2008, 11:12 AM

I like it!!!! what do you do about the vent pulls that are usually down there???
Old April 10th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Grown Azz Kid

Thanks for the comments.

67CS Ragtop. I bought mine from USA Parts supply along with a bunch of other stuff but they drop shipped from custom auto sounds. I love the look and the sound is great. best of all there is no modification needed and look good.

Eddie Hansen: They sell a set for non AC cars and AC cars like mine as the kick panels are different. They sent me the ones for a non ac car and they have the vents and vent pulls and look really good as well.

Thanks guys and keep OLDS alive!!!!
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Olds luvr
Thanks for the comments.

Eddie Hansen: They sell a set for non AC cars and AC cars like mine as the kick panels are different. They sent me the ones for a non ac car and they have the vents and vent pulls and look really good as well.

Thanks guys and keep OLDS alive!!!!
Thanks bro... I actually saw a set on ebay but they could be knock offs, I think one of the big problems with a rag top is where to put speakers... and of course somebody ripping off your tune machine, and cutting a hole in your top to do it.. (bastids!!) I was looking somehow to put the a stock amfm back in and have a seperate system using my ipod etc.. yours is a very sweet set up
Old April 10th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Grown Azz Kid

They are more expensive on ebay...custom auto sound makes stereos that look oem with cd changers. if it has a changer you should be able to use it harmon kardon ipod system called idrive. But another way to do it is leave the stock radio in and use your ipod through an amp and there is no need for a functional radio... Ipods make music simple. If the dash was not cut in my car when I bought it thats what I would have done ipod hooked up to the amp.. I did use infinity Kapa 6x9s in the factory spot behind the rear seat and with a good amp I have the car pretty loud very clean sound and no modification
Old April 8th, 2010, 06:04 PM

I just ordered the custom auto sound duel voice coil speaker for the upper dash of my 72. I will let you know how it sounds.
Old April 8th, 2010, 06:12 PM

Looks good!!!
Old April 9th, 2010, 05:30 AM

Looks like you are ready to cruise, now! Let me know how those front kicks sound. I can always change things around in my car later if I want.
For now I will leave the speakers in the doors and will attempt to paint the grilles to match the interior this weekend to help hide them. Will be the first time with a real spray gun in my hand - scarey thought...
Old April 9th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Grown Azz Kid

Rob, This was in the old convertible and the thread was back from 08. I wish my car was back together i since went to a higher end cpmponent speaker set up with crossovers and flush grills. The sound is great. In the photos the kicsa are shiny, I have since dyed them with the rest of my interior so they match

Good lucj with the paint gun, Paint some boxes or a garbage can or just anything befpre yours parts so you get a feel for it. Are you using a drier on your compressor or water trap or anything?
Old April 9th, 2010, 09:27 AM

For a while I was thinking you were just trying to fool us!
After going through that all once, you certainly have a lot ambition to do it again...
Of course interiors aren't nearly as complicated as frame-offs.

My neighbors will be on vacation, so maybe I will paint their trash can and see if they will notice...
But since this paint sells for 400 a gallon, I only have 1/8 of that to make do on my parts. I bet 12oz will be on everything but the parts...

I will buy a drier/filter when i get the air gun.
If this is actually successful, I might be able to paint bigger things later.
Old April 9th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Grown Azz Kid

Well Rob, with the last one it was not to the detail I am going now with the new one. As long as you go slow and do light coats and wait a little between coats you should be just fine. from the guy that did mine "painting is easy" just need lots of practice to get it down...cant wait to see the progress on mine and yours