glove box lock/latch tool

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2017, 10:50 AM

glove box lock/latch tool

So my 72 Supreme had the dredded lock assembly spinning in the glove box door problem. By using info from this site I was able to get the lock/latch out of the door. Thanks for the info guys! One thing I noticed was everyone wondering what tool GM had for reinstalling the keeper into the latch when putting it back in the glove box door. While I had it out I noticed the inside of the screw in latch assembly looked almost like the head of a bolt. By using a bolt that has a 1/2 inch head I was able to slightly grind off two of the bolt corners 180 from each other and it fit inside the keeper like it was made for it. Double nutted the threaded end and used a socket to reinstall. For good measure I added just a drop of blue locktite. I've tried 3 time now to download some pictures but I can't get it done. Seems I'm smarter that a bolt but not the internet. I can text pictures from my phone to those that want them or maybe if I text photos to someone you could figure out how to load them to this site. Now I am trying to figure out how the wire looking latch catch thingy installs inside the glove box. I cant see where it screws in. Any advice?Hope I don't have to take the new glove box out that was a chore to get in. Hope this info helps. PM me and I can text you photos.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 08:26 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by stuckinthe70s
I've tried 3 time now to download some pictures but I can't get it done.
When you write or respond to a post, click on this icon in the row above the text box.

A new window will open, giving you the option to either attach a photo from a URL or browse your device. Pay attention to the max file size for photos. A 20M image isn't going to upload...
Old June 9th, 2017, 07:00 AM

Glove box tool photos

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
When you write or respond to a post, click on this icon in the row above the text box.

A new window will open, giving you the option to either attach a photo from a URL or browse your device. Pay attention to the max file size for photos. A 20M image isn't going to upload...