Sunvisors Finished

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:40 PM

Sunvisors Finished

A follow on to my "72 Olds Cutlass" thread I have finally got my sunvisors back and installed. Truth of the matter I have had the visors back from the upholstery guy for sometime, I was just avoiding cutting a hole in my headliner and installing the visors. The headline job had been so much work and it came out so good I hated to mess it up by cutting holes in it, but today was the day. I gather my tools: razor, screw driver, sun visors but could not find my screws. Good news before installing my headliner I had read several threads and article on the subject and one suggestion was to "put the screws back in" before putting the headline back in. I followed that advise and sure enough I could feel each of the screws. I marked them with a sharpee, stuck a large pin in the headliner at that point and then screwed in a very large screw, pulled it out and then spread the healiner fabric over the screw head. Before I removed the screws, I held up the sunvisor and marked where the spring aparatus would be and cut the inside of the hole out. Now I could then unscrew the 3 screws. After I lined up the plate holes on the plate that holds the visor I screw the 3 screws in with no problem. Only problem was my first effort, I had not line up all 3 hole. I could get 2 screws in but the 3rd hole vanished. After I compared the plate and the holes it was easy to see it would only go one way. Good to look at both parts before trying to force it.... Bottomline I had put this off thinking it would be a hard job but infact it just took a few minutes. I have added a couple pictures to show how it went..

without visor

finding and marking the screw holes

Found the screws!!

Screwed inthe 3 screws

A finished product!! Without too much effort!

Don't know now why I put off doing this?