Removing Rear Seat

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2010, 05:22 PM

Removing Rear Seat

Restoring interior of 72 Cutlass S and having trouble removing the top of the back seat.. Anyone have the key or suggestion on getting it out?
Richey
Old June 27th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Randy C.

The bottom back seat cushion has to come out first. It is held in by tension on a hook on each side of the bottom cushion. If you get down there and look in, you can see where the hooks are on each side. You just have to get the metal piece out and around that hook on each side and the bottom will come out. The seat back is held in at the bottom with large torx bolts. You'll need the correct size torx socket to get those bolts out. Then, you should be able to lift the seat back up and out.

Randy C.
Old June 27th, 2010, 06:47 PM

sometimes, if you're lucky (very lucky)! by feeling where the anchors are you can forcefully (read HARD) push back and pull up at the same time on lower seat frame at the anchor point on each side, one side at a time. the seat needs to go back about an inch.

my rear seat back is held in with hex head metal screws. either 7/16" or 1/2" socket, I can't remember
Old June 27th, 2010, 06:57 PM

Thanks

Originally Posted by rcorrigan5
The bottom back seat cushion has to come out first. It is held in by tension on a hook on each side of the bottom cushion. If you get down there and look in, you can see where the hooks are on each side. You just have to get the metal piece out and around that hook on each side and the bottom will come out. The seat back is held in at the bottom with large torx bolts. You'll need the correct size torx socket to get those bolts out. Then, you should be able to lift the seat back up and out.

Randy C.
Thanks Randy, Sure enough If I got low enough I saw the bolts holding the seat down. As soon as I took them out I was albe to pull the seat straight up and off.
Richey