Interior Vinyl Paint for 70 442 with 932 Code Green Interior

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2022, 06:09 PM

Interior Vinyl Paint for 70 442 with 932 Code Green Interior

I've had a tough time reproducing the correct look for the Rear Seat Interior Panels and Arm Rest Panels in my 70 442 Coupe.....I've tried several different Green Colors from several Companies, but can't seem to find the right Color to "match" my interior Door Panels, etc.:
I've tried Year One SVM25 "Dark Green".....Comes out a little lighter and more of a medium Olive Color
I've tried Year One SVM24 "Dark Green"....Closer and seems a darker green than the SVM25, but still looks a little light. It also has a bit of a metallic sheen to it. (It is actually a little darker than the photo shows for some reason....At an angle, the sheen is less and it looks much darker).

- Also shown is a Photo of my Original Seat...Factory original 932 Green Color.
- The Photo of the Rear Seat Sail Panel with the "sheen" to it is the Year One SVM 24 Dark Green.
-The Photo showing 2 Rear Seat Sail Panels shows the Year One SVM24 Dark Green Paint on the Left .....and the Original OEM 932 Green Color on the "lower" portion of the Panel on the Right.

Does anyone know of an Interior Paint that is the same as the 932 Factory Color and where I can get it?
Thanks
Harold

Old November 1st, 2022, 10:36 AM
Banned

There has got to be someone here that has the same issue. Good luck with your thread. I am sure someone will chime in.
Old November 1st, 2022, 11:13 AM

Thanks. I'm anxious for some replies.
Old November 3rd, 2022, 09:22 AM
Escape From The Ordinary

Try Kolor Korrect. If it's like the 1970 blue interior, there will be a medium poly and a few other shades. For the door panel, have you considered sending Legendary your original metal frames and having them redo them with new material? Another option would be to call SMS and get their vinyl matches and have an interior shop install that. A final option would be to take the panel to a paint shop and have them mix you a match of vinyl paint that can be mixed and sprayed. Good luck.
Old November 3rd, 2022, 02:33 PM

Thanks for the great suggestions!
Old November 6th, 2022, 05:19 AM

Other than black interiors probably none of the colored interiors used the exact same color for everything when it left the factory. Plastic, vinyl, rubber, painted metal, and carpet were different although some more than others.

Dustin
Old November 6th, 2022, 05:40 AM
Escape From The Ordinary

Originally Posted by Post70
Other than black interiors probably none of the colored interiors used the exact same color for everything when it left the factory. Plastic, vinyl, rubber, painted metal, and carpet were different although some more than others.

Dustin
Even black interiors had varying shades of black.
Old November 6th, 2022, 08:01 AM

I’ve found that it is best to take a sample color into your local auto paint supply and have them do a color match in interior paint. A quart will go an awfully long way and assures even tone throughout with plenty for any future repairs or modifications. Be sure to get the recommended prep/degreaser solvent to ensure good adhesion and best results. You can use a paint gun to apply but often I’ve used Prevals which essentially is like shooting paint through a spray can. They’re available at the local H Depot or likely on Amazon. Cleanable, easy disposable.
Old November 6th, 2022, 11:22 AM
Phantom Phixer

I don't know your location, but if you're in Florida try Ben's Paint Supply.
I found a good black dash pad but I needed to dye it maroon to match the rest of the interior.
I took a small piece of vinyl to them and they mixed vinyl dye to match exactly.
I cleaned the dash pad with PrepSol and sprayed it with a small gun.
Old November 6th, 2022, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Rocket
I've had a tough time reproducing the correct look for the Rear Seat Interior Panels and Arm Rest Panels in my 70 442 Coupe.....I've tried several different Green Colors from several Companies, but can't seem to find the right Color to "match" my interior Door Panels, etc.:
I've tried Year One SVM25 "Dark Green".....Comes out a little lighter and more of a medium Olive Color
I've tried Year One SVM24 "Dark Green"....Closer and seems a darker green than the SVM25, but still looks a little light. It also has a bit of a metallic sheen to it. (It is actually a little darker than the photo shows for some reason....At an angle, the sheen is less and it looks much darker).

- Also shown is a Photo of my Original Seat...Factory original 932 Green Color.
- The Photo of the Rear Seat Sail Panel with the "sheen" to it is the Year One SVM 24 Dark Green.
-The Photo showing 2 Rear Seat Sail Panels shows the Year One SVM24 Dark Green Paint on the Left .....and the Original OEM 932 Green Color on the "lower" portion of the Panel on the Right.

Does anyone know of an Interior Paint that is the same as the 932 Factory Color and where I can get it?
Thanks
Harold
I bought my Dark Green interior paint from The Parts Place. I don't know if it's going to be the same dark green color that you're looking for. Every company has a different dark green mixture. It's a hit or miss when you buy these spray paints.

Old November 7th, 2022, 03:40 PM

Thanks for your help.
Old November 7th, 2022, 03:41 PM

Thanks for the info.!
Old November 7th, 2022, 03:43 PM

Thanks for your help!
Old November 7th, 2022, 03:45 PM

Thanks for the great info.....I had forgotten about Prevals.
Old November 7th, 2022, 04:14 PM

Anytime, please follow up and share pictures of your results.😃