H&H Classic Auto Restorations

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2012, 07:05 PM

H&H Classic Auto Restorations

Anybody have any dealings with this vendor: http://www.hhclassicauto.com/ ? They claim to sell the closest to factory console and dash wood grain and it's all made in-house. They also sell NOS and restored console/shifters and a few other misc parts. They also mfg their own top plates. Looking to order the last remaining pieces I need for my dual gate conversion and want to make sure the wood grain is a close match to factory. Thanks!
Old July 12th, 2012, 07:32 PM

Ive seen their woodgrain, looked good to me. The original dash woodgrain is on a thick piece of metal, dont remember if the repo stuff is but u would never know the difference
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:02 PM

I got their CRUISE switch faceplate but the font is WAY off - too curvy. I brought it to their attention and they pretty much said that was the best they could do. It would be noticable next to other faceplates with correct font.
Old July 12th, 2012, 08:49 PM

Their woodgrain sets are very nice. Especially on the 71/2 cars with the straight woodgrain. I've had cases where a new upper gauge woodgrain/metal insert didn't seem to fit the original plastic chrome bezel exactly and had to do some detailed filing/fitting.....but for the match of the woodgrain it was worth the extra effort.

On the '70 cars with the burled walnut woodgrain you could make the argument that they aren't as close of a match to original as the '71/2's are but still they are THE BEST MATCH out there and very close. 99% of the people out there aren't going to notice any difference is my bet. The factory "burled" wood pattern is much harder to match anyway and they've done a great job on the '70 woodgrains IMO.

I've got a set of repro '70 dash woodgrains I bought from a guy that was clearing out some excess/leftover parts and compared to the H&H stuff IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE. I don't know what vendor the guy got the stuff from but H&H's sets beat it hands down....easily (the two brands shouldn't even be compared to each other....the H&H stuff is in its own category as far as I'm concerned).

They make theirs with the metal backing already attached to everything (I don't think the original '71/2 upper gauge bezel woodgrains had metal backing like the '70 originals do but having it is a big help when installing).

They've been around a long time and make some quality products. I recently finished a '70 dash assembly restoration...the dual gate top plate woodgrains from H&H were included with the H&H dash set and again, they were nice(EDIT: They were sent with the dash set by my customer....H&H sells them separately). Very slight filing along a couple edges of the two top plate inserts required...just test fit your stuff before jumping in with the glue, etc.

Last edited by 70Post; July 12th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:20 PM

I will attest to what Patton has said, as he just finished my dash and dual gate top plate. Patton you did a wonderful job. For anyone looking for top quality work, Patton is the person that you want to have do it.
Old July 13th, 2012, 03:51 AM

Awesome information! Thanks! I was led to look for an alternate supplier for the wood grain based on what some of the other more common vendors were selling. Even the quality of the chrome on the top plate itself was weak. So, I went ahead and ordered all the grain, console insert and the plate itself. Can't wait to see it. BTW, Jeff was easy to talk to and happy to answer all questions about their products. Really appreciate the input from Patton and others. I'll post a followup when it arrives.
Old July 14th, 2012, 01:54 PM

Pieces have arrived!

Got my package from H&H today including a Dual Gate top plate, center console chrome insert and all wood grain and I'm very satisfied! I consider myself very picky and hard to please and I am thrilled. Much better than others I've seen. Called Jeff to let him know what I thought. Just thought I'd pass this along for anyone else looking for a source for factory matching wood grain. The pics show the new pieces next to a worn, faded factory piece. There is a link in an earlier post to their site. Thanks Patton for the reference!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P7140019.jpg (61.4 KB, 129 views)
P7140024.jpg (84.2 KB, 116 views)
P7140025.jpg (108.1 KB, 113 views)
P7140026.jpg (119.1 KB, 105 views)
P7140029.jpg (79.7 KB, 102 views)
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:02 PM

Scott - Excellent! Those look sharp. Good to hear you are a happy camper with the H&H parts. Also good to hear feedback from people that are recent buyers...keeps everyone up to date on quality, etc.

Bob - Thanks for the good word!!! Love that gold color interior....that and the pearl/metallic/"Jetson's" blue are my two favorite '70 interior colors.
Old July 14th, 2012, 06:49 PM

This is great info to know about the woodgrain - thanks for posting!
Old October 12th, 2012, 06:27 PM

I did actually heard about woodgrain but didn't know much about it. I've tried searching sites and seen one in http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/ . It would actually be a cool upgrade in your interior if you would be spending cash for your ride. Transforming your dashboard into a luxury type display case. You could also try searching other sites like carparts.com, jcwhitney.com which I knew had a lot of stuffs for cars whether for mods or accessorizing your auto.

Thanks mate for sharing.