Convertible Top Boot Bag '67 442

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:56 AM

Convertible Top Boot Bag '67 442

I just purchased a new boot from Legendary. Looks nice, fits well. Now where can I get a correct boot bag and how do I fold this boot to properly fit it into the bag? The stiff plastic on my old boot is broken at the folds and is in a black plastic "body" bag. The new ones I've seen are checked like the trunk liner and have a snap.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
Randy C.

I'm curious with regards to a "boot bag". Are you talking about something that vendors make now for boots or is it something that came with convertibles when they were new? The reason I ask is that my '68 4-4-2 convertible has been in our family since it was new (I was a senior in HS when my parents bought it) and it never had a boot bag from the factory or the dealer. I ordered a boot bag, from Year One as I recall, when I restored the car back in the 2005-2007 time frame and what I got was a plastic bag that I never use because I don't know how one would fold a boot properly to go into the bag. My boot just stays slid into the piece behind the top of the rear seat and I tuck the boot into the open well when the top is up.

Randy C.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 01:30 PM

The bag that came with my original boot is a long, heavy black plastic bag with no snap. Just a bag. The bags I've been able to find are aqua and black checkered with a snap. I want to keep it as close as possible to the way it came when new.
Old July 16th, 2013, 08:23 AM

I ordered one once from "The Parts Place" Who I very much do not recommend anyone ever does business with!

It came and I could not find any difference between it and a Contractors garbage bag.
Old July 16th, 2013, 08:35 AM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

IMO I wouldn't fold the Boot. I always laid it out flat when not in use or at minimum laid it flat in the trunk if I was traveling. Once it takes a set it will always be wrinkled and the pinch trim plastic will stress. I don't believe these cars ever came with a storage bag.
Old July 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM

I found a bag from Year One that seems to be exactly like the bag I needed to replace. I have folded my boot to fit in the bag, though I don't know the proper way to fold it. It may take a set as you've described but I don't want to leave it hanging over the well either. I don't use it often because the plastic clips seem to leave small marks on the stainless trim but when I have it at a car show and want to have the top down, I feel the boot needs to be installed. Kind of a PIA.