1984 Delta 88 rear driver's side door panel

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2007, 06:21 PM

1984 Delta 88 rear driver's side door panel

The tool I bought to remove the door panel did nothing but break the plastic snap-like buttons. Is there any way to replace them? The panel will be put on the original door.

Also, I bought a tool to remove the ring from the window handle. It fits real nice up under the handle and when turned around the base does not seem to be hooking onto anything.
Old March 6th, 2007, 01:41 PM
2Blue 55

do you haveany pics of the broken clips. AS for the c-clips, they are really stubborn, I could get my hand in far enough to touch them, so I bent a thin screwdriver on a 90 degree angle to pop the clips out(the good news is they just push back on) that is how i did mine.

Good luck with yours, it is alot of tedious work with alot of skinned knuckles.
Old March 6th, 2007, 03:30 PM

No, I don't have any pics. The tool is just thin enough to get between the base of the handle and the fabric. When it "runs" over something, should I try to push it in further? That's why I think the angle in tool opening would spread the spring clip...but the tool bends.
Old March 13th, 2007, 11:01 PM

I found on the Internet directions on how to use the handle remover. Just line it up with the long part of the handle and push. Worked the first time.

I also found out the hard way how the buttons work holding the upholstery in. The dang books don't cover the very basics.
Old March 14th, 2007, 04:45 AM
2Blue 55

yep, I found out the hard way too, personally I don't know who writes these books, but some chapters could have been written better by a 4 year old. I am glad you had some success removing the door panels. The internet is a wonderful thing for finding stuff like this.

Good luck with your car in the future.
Old March 15th, 2007, 07:57 PM

Many of the little quirks a job may have could be explained by adding one sentence. Maybe the authors of these manuals have been doing the work so long it has become second nature and easily overlooked because of the idea, "everybody knows that."