1972 Cutlass Non A/C Kick Panels

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2010, 05:00 PM

1972 Cutlass Non A/C Kick Panels

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a pair of 1972 Cutlass Non A/C kick panels with 6-1/2 round speaker cutouts that I can use my own speakers? I do not want to have to purchase the speakers with the kick panels.
Thanks, Rick
Old March 23rd, 2010, 05:23 PM

The Non A/C kick panels have the vents in them to keep you cool. There's the 2 pull ***** for the vents in em. You won't be able to install speakers in them. I know because about 5 minutes ago I was getting ready to install mine.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 06:19 PM

Called a CMS earlier and was told that I could purchase the non A/C kick panel with speaker openings although I had to buy them with their speakers in them. I am sure that I understood him correctly. I will call him back and verify.
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Registered

Custom Autosound makes and wholesales the things and their site says that the A Body kick panels are only sold with speakers. I got a set about five years ago and at that time you could get them without the speakers and order directly from them. You can get any other vehicle type but just not the 68-72 A body without speakers. I'm sure they sell more of those than any others and figured they can make a few more bucks by including speakers and getting some more profit off those. They got the distributors and their customers right by the throat it seems.
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:50 AM

The issue has me to the point that I do not want to purchase anything else from a outlet that will force me into a parts I do not need. My project is far from being completed and I cannot afford to spend alot of money on the car let alone additional items previously purchased. Just want to drive my car.
Old April 7th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Grown Azz Kid

I was able to by mine form vintagevibes.net. Nice guy, and if you talk to him over the phone he will sell you them with no speakers (like stated above retailers sell them with the speakers due to the depth of the speaker). He will just let you know there is no return as the ones they sell with speakers are a shallow speaker and people try to return them when they run into the clearence issue. I have mine and do not use a shallow speaker as I am using Infinity components...Infinity is a good speaker and they do have a shallow 6.5

Good luck....
Old April 7th, 2010, 06:48 PM

I purchased my kicks without speakers from www.vintagecarradio.com. Mine were for an A/C car but I would think they would have the non A/C ones.
Old April 7th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Grown Azz Kid

Yes, I did not mention mine are AC as well but there will be places that will sell either pair without speakers...We Jeep Inn, what speakers did you use and any issues with the depth? I had to find some flus speaker grills to not get in the way of the parking brake