69 hurst on ebay

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2013, 08:15 PM

69 hurst on ebay

Looks like a great car . he has had it on ebay before I did ask about his info on only 350 with ac and were he got that number he responded back he would dig it up I did tell him I was not a buyer just a looker but wanted to learn so my point to this is what do the masses think the break down of ac to non ac in the 69 h/o's are.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by firefrost gold
Looks like a great car . he has had it on ebay before I did ask about his info on only 350 with ac and were he got that number he responded back he would dig it up I did tell him I was not a buyer just a looker but wanted to learn so my point to this is what do the masses think the break down of ac to non ac in the 69 h/o's are.
I have never seen any verifiable production figures for options on the 1969 H/O, I'd say that's somebody's best guess as I've always heard roughly 1/3 of the cars had A/C... so toss that through the abacus and you come up with 350, well, that's a 'touch' over 1/3rd...
Old October 4th, 2013, 04:15 AM

Thanks Jeff I would have said closer to 50-50 or the other way around when I was looking for my car it seemed every thing I looked at had ac or the ac box . Being mn summer arnt to bad I wanted a non air car.
Old October 5th, 2013, 03:01 PM

69 hurst on e-bay

I restored that car back in 2001. It had the wrong motor, rear end,and needed quarters. Funny how things change now its numbers matching and all of its real history is gone.
Old October 5th, 2013, 10:02 PM
morgan

Last article i read mentioned most were non air that 1/3 number sounds about right to me...what car are you talking about, the one in arizona? Or the other one with the 100k price tag?
Old October 6th, 2013, 04:08 AM

Don't forget to bring a link along, and some of the text wouldn't hurt.... for later viewers...

one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsm...50c886&vxp=mtr

"344879M351022
Up for auction, 1969 Hurst Olds .Yes A Real One !!!!!!!!!!! # 191 of 912 and 1 of only 350 with A/C .Loaded with options , A/C ,Power windows, Power driver seat , Power trunk release , Map light , 8 Track player .
___This Numbers Matching car has only 83k original miles , stored in a climate controlled building .One repaint , and is STUNNING IN PERSON. The interior is as if it was 1969 today, The glass , Chrome , rubber are all in perfect condition, Engine runs strong and tranny shifts perfect as the 3.23 Rear 12 bolt rear handles all the power.
___Adult owned and driven , PLENTY of documentation, Build sheet , etc , etc .This ONCE in a lifetime opportunity Needs Nothing .............Not many come up for sale , and not many left in original condition .Why travel to BARRET -JACKSON , pay the buyer fee's and the fast paced time limit , Relax and bid from the comfort of your own home , at your own pace .Plenty of pics available .Please feel free to schedule an appointment to come and look and have a drive in one of the nicest 1969 Hurst Olds around . The pictures will do the talking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please e-mail with any questions , or leave message on cell 631-873-9306, Gary .Thanks for looking , good luck bidding ..................Don't let this Investment opportunity slip away ..........will only go up in value !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its up to you, Remember , there are only so many left , as they don't come up for sale often.************"
===================
Wow. That is some hard to read text.
At least it has a spare tire AND a jack, and you can see some sort of PCV valve in the proper place there.

.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsm...cb59c7&vxp=mtr

"VIN xxxxxxxxxxx
1969 Hurst Olds
Hurst Olds . Rare Find!!! Only 68,300 original miles from new!
Oldsmobile only produced 912 examples and this is one of them.
The originality of this car is significant in that she retains the original numbers matching motor! That means it retains its original Intake manifold (extremely rare) and its original "D" heads!
Many of these cars had been raced in the day and as a result had motors that were destroyed and lost.
In addition to its numbers matching motor it retains its original interior which is in pristine condition! This car has been garaged in a dry climate its entire life and hence retains all its original metal !

Many cars from the midwest/northeast have had extensive rust issues requiring major metal patching and reconstruction. This vehicle consists of all original metal.

The above statements sets this car apart from many that come up for sale!
Another reason this car is super rare is the abundance of factory options this car came with!
Options include the following:
* Air conditioning
* Power windows
* Am-Fm signal seeking stereo radio
* Rear speaker
* 8-Track player
* Automatic trunk release
* Rear defogger
* Rear view mirror map light
* Tinted windows
* Speed minder
* Deluxe seat belts
* Sport steering wheel
* Tic Toc Tach
* Vanity mirror
* Courtesy light group and more................!
This car has a history of only 2 owners spanning 42 years and retains all of its original body panels.
Vehicle comes with an additional high performance motor built by the "Oldsmobile Guru" Joe Mondello as well! This engine was built by Joe Mondello himself and is the most reliable motor I have driven in an Oldsmobile.
This phenomenal motor is very streetable, runs on pump gas (91 octaine) and propels the hurst with an ET of 13.32 and 102 mph in the Qtr.! Engine is rated at 425 horsepower.
Dont miss this opportunity to own this "rare find". One like this dosent come up for sale too often!
Car is being sold in as is where is condition without warranties expressed or implied.
Inspections are of course welcomed. Please call Warren with any questions at 480 570 8762
Good luck to all in the bidding!"
.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsm...618fad&vxp=mtr
===========================================
"the clone"
Spare tire optional at extra cost
Extra horizontal steering shock absorber though!
THREE crankcase filters... but not one PCV valve?
___Clever engineering, or ventilation fail?

Last edited by Octania; October 6th, 2013 at 04:30 AM.
Old October 6th, 2013, 05:22 AM

I wasnt posting on the car for say as much as the info on the only 350 air cars . The one form Ny was the one with the info. It would be interesting to me to have a column on the h/o registry for owners to add ac or not .
Old October 7th, 2013, 11:12 AM
C.W. Griswold

It is all about $$$$$$$

Originally Posted by w30hurstolds
I restored that car back in 2001. It had the wrong motor, rear end,and needed quarters. Funny how things change now its numbers matching and all of its real history is gone.
What's funny is how these auctions on t.v. have ruined the honesty that some used to have. They have also ruined the pricing on all muscle cars. The 1% will own them all for investments and not to drive/enjoy. Thanks Barrett Jackson, R&M and Mecum Auctions........
Old October 7th, 2013, 05:25 PM

I dont think it has ruined anything sure some of the car prices have gone up .
But for what it cost to fix them. I make less than 60,000 a year and I think I have Two very worthy cars. People are going
to do what they can to make a buck one way or another. BJ and mecum dont twist any arms to get bidders to
to or cars to show up Free enterprise . Just think what the w-30 you have will be worth when done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
SD531840.jpg (56.9 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg
hurstolds1.jpg (112.1 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by firefrost gold; October 7th, 2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old October 7th, 2013, 05:31 PM
NôôB

Originally Posted by firefrost gold
I dont think it has ruined anything sure some of the car prices have gone up .
But for what it cost to fix them they have too . If you look hard and get lucky
you can get lucky. I make less than 60,000 a year and I think I have Two very worthy cars
Agreed, just have to look hard and be patient Here is my 2 that i own.

And Shane you forgot about the 66 Lemans you just sold too sir
Attached Images
Old October 7th, 2013, 05:33 PM
NôôB

And geebus i need to update that picture lol... Also need to get the Vista included in the picture as well
Old October 7th, 2013, 05:41 PM

funny how the rallyes are on the left in each photo lay out I dont have a cool backdrop one like you .
Old October 7th, 2013, 05:45 PM
NôôB

I bought 4 calendars off of Bigjerr to get this one . And i have pictures of the right side as well.

But on a side note, I would rather have my car look like yours then have a cool backdrop...
Old October 7th, 2013, 06:44 PM

you have got a great start on yours tom for what you paid plus the doors you picked up the hood you will have a nice looking car when its all said and done the best part is you saved it .
Old October 7th, 2013, 06:47 PM
NôôB

Oh there is still time to change me saving it
Old October 7th, 2013, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by sicky olds
Oh there is still time to change me saving it
Tom, I thought you sold your '69.
Old October 7th, 2013, 08:12 PM
NôôB

Originally Posted by mmurphy77
I did Technically.... The new owner is.... DRUM ROLL.....

THIS GUY!!!!

LOL the guy who was supposed to buy it was needy on parts i didnt own for the car but i knew who had some. And apparently my protect-o-plate was wrong and he didnt believe me that my Hurst was real and wanted it for an even cheaper than what he had me selling it for. So when i told him i wasnt moving on the price he said he would have to think about it and never called again lol. So i worked with the bank on the loan that i have on it and refinanced it for almost what i was selling it for....
Old October 7th, 2013, 08:13 PM
NôôB

Originally Posted by mmurphy77
And Firefrost was talking about the Rallye here not the Hurst.
Old October 8th, 2013, 06:54 AM
morgan

Originally Posted by w30hurstolds

what car are you talking about that you restored ? the one in new york? or arizona?