Interior Questions for 1983 H/O

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2014, 01:19 PM

Interior Questions for 1983 H/O

I am new to the forum, but a long time Oldsmobile lover! I have a 1984 Hurst Olds that I got from my father and he has a 1983 Hurst Olds. I had a few questions... I am wanting to get a few Christmas presents... What is a decent carpet to get for the '83? It is Sand Gray interior. Also, I am in need of front seatbelts for that same car, as well as seat covers etc. I am on a budget, so the seat covers may wait unless I can get some decent used ones. We drive the car on a regular basis, so brand new is not necessary on the seat covers or seat belts. I will get new carpet though. Any good sites? or is Ebay my best bet?
Old December 2nd, 2014, 01:30 PM
www.gbodyolds.com

ACC has about as close as you can get for carpet, has the wrong heel pad design though.
There are aftermarket seat covers, not the best reproduction IMO but will work for a driver, I believe PUI makes them. I have NOS material for seats and door panels but it's rare to come by and not cheap.
Seat belts are difficult to find not all stained or frayed, you might be able to find the material out there in the aftermarket or float on eBay to find a pair in decent shape.
I have some used ones in maple and sand gray but they aren't in the greatest of shape, yours are probably better...
Old December 2nd, 2014, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by 88hurstolds
ACC has about as close as you can get for carpet, has the wrong heel pad design though.
There are aftermarket seat covers, not the best reproduction IMO but will work for a driver, I believe PUI makes them. I have NOS material for seats and door panels but it's rare to come by and not cheap.
Seat belts are difficult to find not all stained or frayed, you might be able to find the material out there in the aftermarket or float on eBay to find a pair in decent shape.
I have some used ones in maple and sand gray but they aren't in the greatest of shape, yours are probably better...
I will go with ACC carpet then. I was thinking that was the company, just wanted to make sure. The heel pad won't bother me, I will be putting new floor mats in anyways. The PUI covers will work for me unless I find some nice used seats. The seat belts we have are very frayed and barely passed inspection. I will keep my eyes peeled for those as well.
Old December 8th, 2014, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by 88hurstolds
88hurstolds,
I believe I came across your postings about restoring your '83. I know you had said the carpet came with the car, but I am trying to order some today and was hoping you knew what color to order? I am wanting what is close to sand gray. The color chart doesn't list sand gray.
Old December 23rd, 2014, 09:21 AM
www.gbodyolds.com

Originally Posted by 1972Herbie
88hurstolds,
I believe I came across your postings about restoring your '83. I know you had said the carpet came with the car, but I am trying to order some today and was hoping you knew what color to order? I am wanting what is close to sand gray. The color chart doesn't list sand gray.
That's because it's not Sand Gray, if it was sand gray it would be a cream color like the interior panels.
It's slate gray however if you just go to their shop online catalog it gives you the correct option to choose. They call it 7623 M.SAND GR/NEUTR which is as close as you can get.

Also, the dash is not sand gray, it's charcoal.

All interior paint codes can be found on www.gbodyolds.com
Old December 23rd, 2014, 11:07 AM

You could also try Stockinteriors.com I ordered the carpet for my 84 from them, perfect fit, color and sound deadening material. They also have a chart to pick the correct color vs. year etc so you really can't go wrong. Just my 2 cents.