68 Hurst Olds stripes and badge ?????

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2013, 04:23 AM

68 Hurst Olds stripes and badge ?????

Hi guys new to the forum and there is a ton of awesome info out there, but I figured I would start a little something to say hi and try and get some info..

I recently picked up a very nice 68 cutlass s, 350 w/ 3 speed-used to be a plain Jane 3 on the tree, 4 wheel drum non a/c car. The previous owner rebuilt another 68 block that is supposed to be a stronger block, I need to crunch the numbers later, small cam, 3angle valve job w/ hardened seats, intake, headers and way too big carbie (750 dbl pump). It has had most of the trim holes welded shut, the vinyl top removed and honestly about a weekend away from paint. It's gonna be a nice family cruiser, and little hot rod toy for me to play with. The car was original warm grey with blk vinyl top and black bench interior.

I have been thinking about making it into a hurst tribute/clone car via paint, emblems and of course a hurst shifter with white shift ****...ya know something nice enough to cruise and show, but not so perfect that I won't drive it and make the tires turn into a ball of smoke!!!

So the question is does anybody make or have and willing to share the patterns for the hurst stripes, the trunk is easy enough, the hood looks fairly easy to duplicate, but the side stripe looks like it could be a real bear to get right. Also does anybody re-pop the correct hurst emblems to finish the car off correctly??? I am not trying to **** off the purists, just have something that will really look good, be affordable, and stand out a little at the next cruise in!!! Any good leads or advice will be greatly appreciated!!
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:23 AM

I bought my stripes from

http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/

Great quality and very easy to put on. I think they sell masking kits too if you wanted to paint the stripes on. They sell the complete set you are looking for too.
Old March 1st, 2013, 02:15 PM

Thanks for the heads up, just checked the site and while they have the 442 stripes, no hurst stripes... Any other great ideas?? Hell even if I can get somebody to go and trace their side stripes and send them to me-I will pay for time and effort. Also any good ideas on reproduced emblems??
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:56 PM

here ya go

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...imensions.html

the hurst olds emblems are reproduced as well.