General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

windshield trim color?

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2018, 05:37 AM

windshield trim color?

I was at the Nationals a few weeks ago, and when i received my score sheet back, there are a couple things I cant understand.
First they have down my interior windshield trim is the wrong color. Now my car is a 71 w30 hardtop in lime green with pearl interior. The trim was and is painted semi gloss black. Dash is black as well as the rubber trim across front of headliner.
Second they have that the hood stripes need to follow the contour of the hood. I used a kit from Stencils and Stripes to recreate them. Anybody have any pictures of how they "should" look?
Car scored 945 first show. Im happy either way.
Thanks
Old August 28th, 2018, 07:55 AM
Old(s) Fart

Here are the interior paint colors by trim code. Windshield pillars should be semi gloss. An ivory bucket seat interior (Trim code 937) would have ivory windshield pillars.

I was a judge at G'burg for Senior Preservation, and one thing we noticed were that the W-25 hood stripes were all over the map, even on these supposedly highly-awarded cars. The distance from the leading edge of the scoops to the leading edge of the paint stripes varied a lot. The PIM unfortunately does not give that dimension, since the factory used a mask to paint the stripes.
Old August 28th, 2018, 08:22 AM

I know the stripes were masked and will vary tremendously. Im not going to repaint a beautiful hood to make a small change, I was just curious. As far as the pillar trim, it was black when i got the car and thus went back to black. Could there possibly have been any variation on the trim colors? Does it make sense then, if they are to be white or ivory, and the center rubber headliner trim be black? The side rubber headliner trims are white.
Great info by the way. never seen that before.
Thanks Ed
Old August 28th, 2018, 08:35 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by MY71W30
Could there possibly have been any variation on the trim colors?
No.

Does it make sense then, if they are to be white or ivory, and the center rubber headliner trim be black? The side rubber headliner trims are white.
It all would have been white to match the headliner.

Old August 28th, 2018, 12:07 PM

Where it does vary is with a convertible. Not to confuse, but maybe someone painted your car after seeing a convertible. Convertibles with white/Ivory/pearl interior have black A-pillars, windshield trim and sun-visors, as Joe said hardtops have white to match the headliner.
Old August 28th, 2018, 12:17 PM

here is a pic of my hood where the back of the stripe ends. Took the measurements from an original paint '70 W30 convertible. Somewhere I have pics of the front as well and the sides. I'm with you. Leave the stripes as is. Your car looks great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hood stripes back.jpg (88.8 KB, 0 views)
Old August 29th, 2018, 04:15 AM

Oh did you see my car at the show? I have problems posting pics here for some reason.