General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Convertible Inner window fuzzy/felt

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2015, 01:15 PM

Convertible Inner window fuzzy/felt

Ive noticed on my 70 convertible the inner rear window felt is actually part of the panel trim and looks to be just stapled does anyone know where to buy this
Old June 30th, 2015, 01:39 PM

I got mine from Brothers
http://www.oldsparts.com/
Old June 30th, 2015, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by GINCSC
I got mine from Brothers
http://www.oldsparts.com/
Thanks ,OPG just lost a customer due to over priced shipping charges
Old June 30th, 2015, 06:00 PM

I would have rather paid OPG's higher shipping and have the ability to return them if they do not fit. Brothers has a not so good rep at customer service. (Bottom line actually). I had bought my felts from brothers long ago (2008) before I know better and the rear ones did not fit - I had to cut and reform them. They were 'Repops' brand. Hopefully over the years they made them to fit. If not, I have instructions on how to mod them if you need them. Best of luck!
Old June 30th, 2015, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
I would have rather paid OPG's higher shipping and have the ability to return them if they do not fit. Brothers has a not so good rep at customer service. (Bottom line actually). I had bought my felts from brothers long ago (2008) before I know better and the rear ones did not fit - I had to cut and reform them. They were 'Repops' brand. Hopefully over the years they made them to fit. If not, I have instructions on how to mod them if you need them. Best of luck!
OPG doesn't even carry the part and Brothers guaranteed they would fit and could return them no questions asked if they don't.
Old July 1st, 2015, 09:37 AM

I had to return a couple of things to Brothers and had no issues. I always spoke to a guy named Garrett. He helped me out a lot. They also have some used parts in there bone yard.
Old July 1st, 2015, 01:00 PM

Brothers

Garrett I must say is great guy he's been there along time . I built a 71 cst chevy truck , incase you don't know that's the loaded up top of the line . Anyhow the quality of stuff that comes from them is hit and miss. I hate everything that's not oem now after that truck . I had to MAKE things fit and sometimes that just wasn't good enough. But I was placing orders over 1000 at a time to save on shipping . Any issues I had was no problem at all Garrett would have the parts picked up and either send out the correct parts or better parts or give me my money back... Brothers was bad about interior parts colors not matching being carpet from one company and floor mats from another. Seat cover one company door panels another. It was a hard build. Needless to say I wasn't happen when I was done so I sold it . Now here I am building a 72 conv cutlass, I bought a supreme for parts so I didn't have to go through all that again...