General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Accelerator pedal questions

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2020, 09:00 AM

Accelerator pedal questions

OK so I have been digging parts out and reinstalling them, have the engine in and decided to reinstall the linkage, I fould the pedal, and rod etc and notice the bearing plate is cracked so I order a new one

now for the life of me I can not find the plate, and I seem to remember there was a small sheet of plastic?

I see the plate for sale ( ridiculous price !!) but I dont see the small sheet or mounting screws? anybody have a source on these or know the screw size? if I cant find it Ill have to bite the bullet and order the plate but what to do for the sheet, and hardware? Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Old May 6th, 2020, 11:22 AM

The two hex screws are 1/4 x 1-3/8 (or just SLIGHTLY less) sheet metal/coarse thread.

I make the thin plastic "bearing" inserts. Mine are a white material instead of the more clear plastic originally used so I cut mine down a bit so you won't see the material when installed.

If you need the metal plate, the screws and the bearing insert I should have it all here.

What is the "ridiculous" price you refer to for the steel plate? PM me if you prefer that.

Old May 6th, 2020, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by 70Post
The two hex screws are 1/4 x 1-3/8 (or just SLIGHTLY less) sheet metal/coarse thread.

I make the thin plastic "bearing" inserts. Mine are a white material instead of the more clear plastic originally used so I cut mine down a bit so you won't see the material when installed.

If you need the metal plate, the screws and the bearing insert I should have it all here.

What is the "ridiculous" price you refer to for the steel plate? PM me if you prefer that.

Sent you a PM..